Siem Reap is the gateway to one of the world's most amazing archaeological sites. Built between the 9th and 13th centuries when the Khmer Empire was the preeminent influence in South-East Asia, the temples at Angkor were believed to represent the cosmic world and were set in perfect balance, symmetry and composition. This day trip focuses on the main highlight temples of Angkor including Angkor Wat, world’s largest religious monument, the ancient walled city of Angkor Thom and the jungle temple of Ta Prohm.
- Excellent value for money
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourSpend an entire day visiting UNESCO-listed Angkor complex with your personal guide, starting with hotel pickup in Siem Reap, considered the gateway to the vast archaeological site. While you travel there by private vehicle, learn about the symmetry and composition of the ancient temples built during the Khmer Empire .
On arrival, pay the entrance fee to the park then set off for the royal city of Angkor Thom and its centerpiece, the Bayon. At first glance, the stone towers may seem like shapeless masses, but further scrutiny reveals enigmatic faces of former King Jayavarman VII sculpted into every direction. A short walk away is the Baphuon temple and Terrace of the Elephants, which served as a platform from which the king could welcome back his victorious army.
Continue by car to Ta Prohm, a jungle temple overgrown with fig trees that lend it a haunting atmosphere. The magnificent roots of the trees have merged over the centuries with the temple’s huge stone blocks, emphasizing a ‘forgotten city’ feeling.
Have lunch (own expense) at one of the restaurants in the Angkor area recommended by your guide. Afterward, visit Angkor Wat, considered by many to be one of the most inspired and spectacular monuments ever built. With its soaring towers and extraordinary bas-reliefs, the temple is truly an awe-inspiring sight surrounded by a glistening moat. Learn from personalized commentary about the hundreds of fine carvings of Apsara and Hindu mythology.
In the evening, you have the option to view the sunset at one of the temples recommended by your guide, before return transport to your hotel in Siem Reap.
Inclusions for Angkor Temple Day Tour - Siem Reap
- Private guide
- Air-conditioned private transport
- Bottled water and wet tissues
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Angkor Temple Day Tour - Siem Reap
- Angkor archaeological park entrance fee (US37/person)
- Travel insurance
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.