Visit sunrise outside of Angkor Wat with enter the great temple in darkness from the western side and soak up the atmosphere of dawn at Angkor, from the edge of one of the ancient library pools.
Spend a your day with temple-hopping with your local guide to make the most of your visit to the world-famous Angkor complex, built between the 9th and 13th centuries when the Khmer empire was the pre-eminent influence in South-East Asia.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
You begin with a pre-dawn departure (4.10am to 45am, depending on the time of the year and also your hotel location) from your hotel in time to watch the sunrise over Angkor Wat. Enter the great temple in darkness from the little-visited western side. Soak up the atmosphere of dawn at Angkor from the edge of one of the ancient library pools.
After watching the sunrise, enter the interior of the great temple and spend around two hours exploring the corridors, central chambers and upper terraces. Your expert local guide will decipher the myriad of stories behind the bas-relief carvings and give you an insight into life during the height of the Khmer empire. We end our touring at Angkor with breakfast outside the temple (take away, from your hotel), and a short rest. Continue the morning by driving through Angkor Thom city and visit the temple of Bayon.
We end the morning with a visit to jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm, one of the most atmospheric of all temples. Once home to 2,740 monks, Ta Prohm today looks much as it did in the early 1850s, when French explorer Henri Mouhot ‘rediscovered’ this crumbling site.
Return to your hotel around 1pm.
Inclusions for Angkor Wat With Sunrise - Small Group Tour
- Lenience and experienced English speaking tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Angkor Wat With Sunrise - Small Group Tour
- Temples entrance fee
- Food and beverages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code required: Please cover your knees and shoulders when visit holy sites
Breakfast: If your hotel room is included breakfast, we recommend to request the breakfast pack and you will enjoy after sunrise at Angkor Wat.
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Minimum age is 5 years to participate on this tour
Minimum of 2 participants per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.