Angkor: Where Nature Meets History - Siem ReapWrite a Review
OverviewThis private tour will take you to Ta Prohm Temple, Angkor Thom, and Bayon Temple, among other things. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included for this tour.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
On this day tour we will visit the Ta Prohm temple in the morning. This ancient structure was erected in from the 12th to the 13th century. After it was abandoned, it was covered by vines and jungles and most sections of the temple crumbled to the ground. Part of its appeal today is the fact that most of it is still covered with dense vegetation, pretty similar to when it was first rediscovered.
Our next destination is Angkor Thom, the last known capital of the Great Cambodian Empire under the rule of Jayavarman VII. This ancient city is enveloped by eight-meter high walls and is situated in a perfect-square compound. You will explore the inner part of the city through the South Gate where you see marvelous carvings of elephants and four giant faces. Lining the path of the entrance is a row of 54 demon or god-like structures holding aloft a sacred snake known to Khmers as Naga.You will continue your journey towards the heart of the city, Bayon Temple, where you will be amazed by the grandeur of the structures. This temple is popular for its 54 towers, each one depicting mysterious face and is believed to be a symbol of each province of the Empire. Find your way to the Terrace of the Leper King and Terrace of the Elephants whose elaborate bas-relief are simply attention-grabbing. You will return back to your hotel where you can have time to explore the town, take your own lunch, and spend the remainder of the day as you wish.
Inclusions for Angkor: Where Nature Meets History
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Guide
- Entrance Fee & Village Fee
- Drinking Water
Exclusions for Angkor: Where Nature Meets History
- Beverages and other meals do not indicate in the program
- Personal expenses
- Surcharge for peak season
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable Clothes and Shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.