Annapurna Sunrise Trek - Kathmandu
OverviewThe Annapurna Sunrise Trek, also known as Poon Hill Trek, is a relatively easy walk meandering through villages and rhododendron forests. This invigorating trek showcases some of the best views of Annapurna and neighboring Himalayas especially from the Poon Hill. The added presence of rice terraces completes the picture making Poon Hill a photographer's paradise. After which we take a flight to Pokhara, the real walking begins from Nayapul. we then trek to the beautiful Gurung village of Ghandruk and enjoy the ethnic hospitality along with the cultural magnificence of Gurung Museum. Trekking through the rhododendron forests that bloom with red flowers during the springtime, descending down to Birethanti, and passing by waterfalls and a few small villages and settlements will be a thrilling experience. We walk further to Naya Pul and then drive to Pokhara which marks the end of this marvelous trek.
Know More about this tourGhorepani Poon hill trek is one of the short, by far the most popular trekking destinations in the north western Nepal, in the Annapurna trekking region. Poon Hill trek package is the best view point in order to have an impressive scene of the snow capped mountains located in the Annapurna region. From this view point you will have amazing sceneries of a number of majestic mountains including of Mt. Annapurna I (8,091 m), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Mt. Annapurna II (7937 m.) , Mt. Annapurna III (7,555 m), Mt. Annapurna IV (7,525 m), Mt. Annapurna south (7,219 m), Mt. Nilgiri (7,041 m), Mt. Fishtail also called Mt. Machhapuchhare (6,998 m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6,441 m), Mt. Lamjung Himal (6986m) among others. Besides enjoying with the incredible sceneries of the mountains, you will have time to spend in the beautiful village of various ethnic groups, chitchat with them, and explore their unique lifestyles, culture, diverse range of flora and fauna and many more. The beautiful rhododendron forests in the Ghorepani as well as in the Ghandruk, located at the same trekking trail are really stunning with the color and beauty of the flowers in bloom.
Ghorepani Poon hill trek is regarded to be the low altitude trekking, the maximum height you reach while having this trekking is the 4,000 m, but you will have utmost enjoyment, as of taking snaps of the incredible sceneries of the mountains in the region, exploring of the beautiful settlement of ethnic groups namely of Gurung, Thakali, Magar and others, and have astonishing scenes of their slat roofed houses, their unique culture, customs, lifestyles and what not. Since the trail goes through the well developed trails, tea house trekking package can also be organized in this trekking destination.
Inclusions for Annapurna Sunrise Trek
- Kathmandu to Pokhara transfer in tourist bus
- TIMS and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit
- Pokhara to Nayapul (trek starts here) and Nayapul (trek ends here) drive (one hour each way) in private vehicle
- One licensed professional, knowledgeable and friendly English speaking trekking guide including his salary, food, equipment, insurance, transportation, etc
- Porter Porter (1 porter for two trekkers) including his salary, food, equipment, insurance, transportation, etc
- Duffle bag, sleeping bag, and down jacket for use during the trek
- T shirt, trekking map and trip achievement certificate
- First aid medical kit
- All government taxes & agency service charge
- Airport pick up drop upon arrival and departure and bus station transfers (if needed, complimentary service)
Exclusions for Annapurna Sunrise Trek
- Nepalese visa feeInternational airfare to and from KathmanduExcess baggage chargesLunch and dinner in KathmanduExtra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itineraryTravel and rescue insurancePersonal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.)Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Day 01 - Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
Day 02 - Kathmandu to Pokhara (910m) Duration: 6 hours drive
Day 03 - Pokhara to Tikhedhunga (1570m) Duration: 1 hour drive and 4 walking
Day 04 - Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2850m) Duration: 7-8 hours walking
Day 05 - Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m/10529ft) and onto Tadapani (2,610m/8560ft) Duration: 7 hours walking
Day 06 - Tadapani to Pokhara (910m) Duration: 7 hours walking and 1 hour drive
Day 07 - Pokhara to Kathmandu (1337m) Duration: 6 hours drive
Day 08 - Farewell
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.