Anne Frank And Jewish Quarter Guided Walking Tour In Amsterdam
OverviewIn this 2-hour small group tour, walk through Amsterdam with a professional guide that shows you Amsterdam during the World War II, through the eyes of Anne Frank. The tour goes from the Jewish Quarter to Anne Frank's House, for the complete story-line of these dark days.
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
Travel back to the dark days of World War II on a 2-hour walking tour of Amsterdam, and learn what life was like following the occupation of the Netherlands by the Germans in 1940-1945 and how Anne Frank became an icon of the brutality of suppression. Hear the story about her diary and how it came to be published by her father Otto Frank.
Meet your guide in front of the entrance of the Jewish Historical Museum in the afternoon. Stroll past monuments and buildings still marked by traces of war. Your guide will bring the history to life, giving you a sense of how the citys citizens behaved during the occupation, and how they moved around in times of horror.
Learn why the Dutch tried to co-exist with the occupying army, and how the Dutch behaved towards the Jews of Amsterdam like Anne Frank. Hear about important events, such as the February Strike and Winter of Hunger.
Visit the Jewish neighborhood, with its Portuguese synagogue and museum, the head office of the Jewish counsel, the dokwerker and the Auschwitz Monument. Discover locations the Dutch resistance offered as secret hiding places to families like the Franks. The tour ends at Anne Frank's House, where you have the possibility to enter at your own pace when its doors open for public at 3:30pm. Note: Admission to Anne Franks House is not included.
Ideal for fans of European history, the tour also gives an insight into how the Jewish community lived, survived and still thrive in Amsterdam.
Inclusions for Anne Frank And Jewish Quarter Guided Walking Tour In Amsterdam
- Local English-speaking guide
- Live entertainment
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Anne Frank And Jewish Quarter Guided Walking Tour In Amsterdam
- Admission/time at Anne Frank's House is not included
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Entrance ticket to Anne Frank House is not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne Frank House. You can join the line to see the Anne Frank House on your own after the tour, however entrance is not guaranteed
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Day Trip to Rotterdam, Delft and The Hague from Amsterdam Including Spido Boat Tour
- Amsterdam Super Saver: City Walking Tour plus Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip
- Keukenhof Garden Private Transfer with Entrance Tickets
- Private Amsterdam Walking Tour Including Refreshments
- Historic Walking Tour of Amsterdam with Art Historian Guide
- Amsterdam Canal Boat Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Rijksmuseum Ticket