Ansel Adams' Legacy Photography Class - Yosemite National Park
OverviewThis small group walking tour and photo class will take you to select locations in Yosemite Valley, guided and taught by a Staff Photographer from The Ansel Adams Gallery.You will visit different sites within Yosemite Valley based on what the current conditions suggest will provide the most photogenic views. You will learn about some of Ansel's important innovations in photography, technical aspects of light and exposure, and their application to using your digital camera. Our goal is to improve your proficiency with a camera and give you the tools to further develop your artistic vision.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide a professional photographer at the parks Ansel Adams Gallery at the gallery (located in Yosemite Village) and set out with your small-group of fellow participants ona 4-hour, hands-on photography walk highlighting some of the parks most iconic and photographable sites.
Stop at up to five scenic viewpoints, some which will be recognizable from Ansel Adams' photographs. Individual locations change daily based on what current conditions suggest will providethe most photogenic views.
Along the way your guide will offeran introduction to Ansel Adams, the man and his legacy, and provide instruction on how to apply his technical methods to your use of digital cameras. Youll also learn how to best utilize aperture settings and aperture priority, shutter speed, ISO, and histograms to optimize your exposures.
The terrain is relatively flat, along mostly paved trails and approximately 2-3 miles (3-5 km) in total. Ask questionsas you go, discuss Ansel and photography in general, and become familiar with why and how Ansel made the composition and technical choices he did.
This tour is best suited for beginner and intermediate photographers and hobbyists.
Inclusions for Ansel Adams' Legacy Photography Class
- Professional photographerinstructor
Exclusions for Ansel Adams' Legacy Photography Class
- Park entrance fees
- Food and drink
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Involves a moderate amount of walking
Operates rain or shine; please dress accordingly
Can be wheelchair accessible; please let us know you will be bringing a wheelchair when booking so that we can accommodate you
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.