Antigua Market Cooking Class And Choco Museum In AntiguaWrite a Review
OverviewTake a tour of the Antigua Market and learn about the traditional ingredients in Guatemalan cuisine. You will continue your day by taking a cooking class and learn how to prepare some of Guatemala’s favorite dishes. Taste the unique flavors of Guatemalan cuisine as you create your own meal and dessert. After your meal, bring home printed recipes of the food you prepared so you can continue making delicious Guatemalan dishes at home! In the afternoon you will be able to see the chocolate making process from the cacao bean to the chocolate bar. Participate in one of the chocolate making workshop and experience the feeling of a chocolate maker.
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourPick up from your hotel in Guatemala City will be at 8:30am. Your guide will take you to the Antigua street market to take a 2-hour tour where you can see and smell the ingredients used for Guatemalan cooking. After your market tour you will return to the kitchen to begin your cooking class.
After a brief kitchen safety overview, your expert chef will start by teaching you about the Spanish and Mayan cultural influences on Guatemalan flavors. Learn about the staple ingredients and foods used by natives, including corn, peppers and beans. For your own meal, you’ll get to prepare one main dish, such as hilachas or tamales, two side dishes and one dessert, including camote en dulce or rellenitos.
As you create your meal, the chef will be there to offer helpful guidance. Once you’re done, it’s time to enjoy your home-cooked lunch!
In the afternoon visit to the Choco Museo (Chocolate Museum). We invite you to make your own chocolate! During this 2-hour visit you will learn all the steps from the harvest of the cacao in a plantation to the chocolate bar. From the cacao beans you will roast them, peel them, and grind them into a paste. This cacao paste is used to prepare the first known cacao drink (invented by the Mayas), the traditional chocolate. In the end, from refined chocolate you will prepare your own chocolate that you can take back home.
Transportation back to your hotel in Guatemala City will be at 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Antigua Market Cooking Class And Choco Museum In Antigua
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Cooking class
Exclusions for Antigua Market Cooking Class And Choco Museum In Antigua
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.