OverviewExperience aperitivo time in Florence on a 2.5-hour tour, led by a friendly local guide! The most sociable of Italian culinary traditions, the pre-dinner happy hour of snacks and drinks known as aperitivo is popular in the citys beautiful wine bars. After a mojito sorbet in a gelato parlor to start the evening, visit two wine bars to enjoy aperitivo time just as the Florentines do feasting on Tuscan delicacies and wine.
Numbers are limited to 12 people on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Piazza della Repubblica in central Florence, and set off on your stroll across the iconic bridge to the bohemian neighborhood of Oltrarno. First stop is an artisanal gelato parlor to try one of the shops popular mojito sorbets. As you savor your sorbet, your guide will talk about Florence and its all-important aperitivo scene.
A tradition firmly rooted in Italian life, aperitivo consists of a pre-dinner snack with drinks in a bar. While Milan is believed to have started the tradition in the early 1920s, other Italian cities quickly caught onto the trend, but few struggle to do it better than Florence; as the capital of Tuscany, the city has world-renowned ingredients right at its fingertips.
Leave the gelato parlor and stroll to a traditional wine bar for a glass of Tuscan wine either Brunello di Montalcino or a Chianti reserve alongside a platter of wild boar salami, Tuscan prosciutto (ham) and a selection of creamy ripe cheeses. Listen to your guide talking about the wines origins as you eat, and discover how to match wines with food.
Continue to your second and final bar of the evening near Piazza Pitti, enjoying a house cocktail with snacks. The exact dishes vary each time, but expect something typically Tuscan like bruschetta topped with juicy tomatoes and garlic. Your tour finishes here, but you can stay inside for as long as you like, making the most of your evening independently!
Inclusions for Aperitivo Tour Of Florence
- Professional guide
- Aperitivo in three bars
Exclusions for Aperitivo Tour Of Florence
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Children can enjoy cheese, prosciutto and bruschetta with fresh fruit juice
Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.