Apollon Smintheus Tour From Canakkale
OverviewSmintheion the sanctuary is one of the most important cult centers of Troas in ancient times.Late Hellenistic period in Anatolia, which is one of the most important sacred area of the Sanctuary of Apollo Smintheus (Smintheion) Remains of a prehistoric settlement dating to around 5000 BC have been identified.Smintheus Temple of Apollo, is located in the north west of Gulpinar formerly known as the Kulahli.Apollonia Smintheus Temple also mentioned at Homer's epic The Iliad about its relief from the Hellenistic time and architectural design The temples made in Ion style in 150 BC , Today is the only example in Troas area in the northwestern Anatolia,
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDAY 1 CANAKKALE-GULPINAR(Apollon Smintheus)-CANAKKALE
08.45 Meet your guide at your hotel lobby
09.00 Meet your guide at Canakkale Cruise Port
Transfer to Gulpinar Village - Apollon Smintheus
Visit:APOLLON SMINTHEUS Temple
The Roman Bath
The stone pavement road from The Roman Period, connected Smintheon to the neighbouring city Alexandreia Troa
Spring water and water storages
The Excavation Museum of Smintheion if opened on the day
Kocali Village and Akcakecili Village
Huge columns of ancient granite quarries located here.
12m length , 1.75 m diameter of the columns weighs about 30 tons. There are 7 at Kocali Village and 15 at Akaakecili village.
It is believed the columns transported to Rome.
Return to Canakkale
Drop off at Canakkale Port
Drop off at Canakkale Hotels
Inclusions for Apollon Smintheus Tour From Canakkale
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Apollon Smintheus Tour From Canakkale
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.