OverviewVisit the land that time forgot the magnificent Applecross Peninsula on Scotlands wonderfully windswept west coast. Remote and isolated, yet only a couple hours drive from Inverness, the area boasts dramatic Highland scenery and an abundance of wildlife. Travel over the steep Bealach nam Ba pass, spend time at leisure in Applecross village and head through Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve on this must-do day trip from Inverness!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourSet off from Inverness by luxury minibus and drive to the dramatic Applecross Peninsula, passing a scenic stretch of land known as the Black Isle. The journey takes a couple of hours, so youll stop on the way in the charismatic village of Lochcarron one of the gems of the northwest highlands to take a stroll around and explore.
Continue on to Arndarroch village for breathtaking views of Loch Kishorn, and then climb the steep Bealach nam Ba (Pass of the Cattle) Britains third highest road in your minibus. Reaching 2,000 feet (610 meters) high, the summit of the pass boasts incredible views over to the Isle of Skye.
At the heart of Applecross Peninsula is the beautiful village of Applecross, located on a sweeping bay. Here youll have time to spend at leisure; perhaps get some lunch, enjoy the spectacular seascape or learn about Highland history at the Applecross Heritage Centre (lunch and entrance fees at own expense). Wildlife is plentiful in the Applecross area, so watch out for red deer, otters and pine martens one of the rarest British mammals.
After discovering Applecrosss charms, meet your expert guide back on board your minibus for a drive along the banks of Loch Torridon to the town of Shieldaig, where you can walk around. Travel on through Beinn Eighe National Nature Reserve Britains oldest where you can expect to see golden eagles soaring above the ancient pine woods.
Return to Inverness, passing the picturesque Highland villages of Kinlochewe and Achnasheen. Youll arrive back in Inverness in the early evening.
Inclusions for Applecross Peninsula Day Trip From Inverness
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Applecross Peninsula Day Trip From Inverness
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.