Archaeological Day Trip: Tulum And Cobá From Playa Del Carmen - Cancun
OverviewFull archaeological day: first visiting Tulum ruins on the coast early in the morning and then Cob ruins situated in the jungle where you can ride a bike to explore the place and climb up on the top of the pyramid.
- All-inclusive tour
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Tulum (Archaeological site)
Each Mayan city had a specific purpose, and Tulum was no exception. It was a seaport, trading mainly turquoise and jade. As well as being the only Mayan city built on a coast, Tulum was one of the few Mayan cities protected by a wall. This one was made of limestone, the 784 meter wall encloses the site on three sides. The wall is seven meters thick, and varies between three and five meters in height. No doubt this fortification helped preserve the seaport.
Cob (Archaeological site)
It is set deep in the jungle and many of the ruins have yet to be excavated. Cob was settled much earlier than nearby Chichen Itz and Tulum and construction reached its peak between AD 800 and 1100. Archaeologists believe that this city once covered an area of 50 square kilometers and held a population of 40,000 Mayans. Cobas architecture is a curiosity: its towering pyramids and stelae resemble the architecture of Tikal (Guatemala), which is several hundred kilometers away, rather than the much nearer sites of Chichen Itz and the northern Yucatn Peninsula. With its temples and the legendary ball game area, Cob is one of the oldest and most important Mayan treasures in the region. Follow the paths to arrive at the Nohoch Muul pyramid (with its 42 meters it is considered the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula), from the top of which you will enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site. Bikes rental at the site are optional but recommended.
- 7.30 a.m. pick upup from your hotel
- Tulum ruins (1.5 hour guided tour)
- Cob ruins (2 hours guided tour)
- Mexican lunch in local restaurant in Cob or Tulum
- At approximately 3.30 p.m. hotel return scheduled
- Comfortable shoes and outfit
- Sun hat and sunblock
- Mosquito repellent
Inclusions for Archaeological Day Trip: Tulum And Cobá From Playa Del Carmen
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Archaeological Day Trip: Tulum And Cobá From Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the Cancun area
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
It is recommended that you bring insect repellent
A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Coba Maya Village
- Chichen itza Cenote Maya
- Speed Boat Snorkeling Experience
- FISHING IN THE FLATS
- Sian Kaan Jeep Tour from Riviera Maya
- Isla Mujeres Sailing and Snorkel Trip from Cancun With Lunch
- Snorkeling by Glass Bottom Boat (Starting at Cancun, Pto Morelos or Pl del Carm)
- Aquatic and Adventure Theme Park Ventura Park