Archaeological Day Trip: Tulum And Cobá From Playa Del Carmen - CancunWrite a Review
OverviewFull archaeological day: first visiting Tulum ruins on the coast early in the morning and then Cob ruins situated in the jungle where you can ride a bike to explore the place and climb up on the top of the pyramid.
- All-inclusive tour
- Lunch included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Tulum (archaeological site)
Each Mayan city had a specific purpose, and Tulum was no exception. It was a seaport, trading mainly in turquoise and jade. As well as being the only Mayan city built on a coast, Tulum was one of the few protected by a wall. Made of limestone, the 784-metre wall encloses the site on three sides, is seven metres thick, and varies between three and five metres in height. No doubt this fortification helped preserve the seaport.
Cobá (archaeological site)
It is set deep in the jungle and many of the ruins have yet to be excavated. Cobá was settled much earlier than nearby Chichen Itzá and Tulum and construction reached its peak between AD 800 and 1100. Archaeologists believe that this city once covered an area of 50 sq km and held a population of 40,000 Maya. Coba’s architecture is a curiosity: its towering pyramids and stelae resemble the architecture of Tikal (Guatemala), which is several hundred kilometers away, rather than the much nearer sites of Chichen Itzá and the northern Yucatán Peninsula. With its temples and the legendary ball game area Cobá is one of the oldest and most important Mayan treasures in the region. Follow the paths to arrive at the Nohoch Muul pyramid (with its 42m the tallest in the Yucatan Peninsula), from the top of which you will enjoy a wonderful view of the amazing sub-tropical jungle that surrounds the site. Bikes rental at the site are optional but recommended.
- Pick - up from your hotel at 7.30 a.m.
- Tulum ruins (1,5 hour guided tour)
- Cobá ruins (2 hours guided tour)
- Mexican lunch in local restaurant in Cobá or Tulum
- Return to the hotel at around 3.30 p.m.
- Comfortable shoes
- Insect repellent
Inclusions for Archaeological Day Trip: Tulum And Cobá From Playa Del Carmen
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Archaeological Day Trip: Tulum And Cobá From Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the Cancun area
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
It is recommended that you bring insect repellent
A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Chichen Itza And Valladolid
- Contoy And Isla Mujeres
- TEMAZCAL - UNIQUE MAYAN RITAUL
- Skip The Line: Mandala Nightclub Open Bar In Cancun
- Day Trip To Isla Contoy With A Stop At Isla Mujeres
- Coba Mayan Treasures Tour
- Cozumel Snorkel Tour From Cancun: Coral Reefs And Playa Mia Beach Park
- Coba, Tulum, Cenote And Mayan Village Day Trip With Lunch
- Sightseeing, Snorkeling And Dancing Catamaran Cruise From Cancun
- Private Tour: Catamaran Sailing And Snorkeling In Isla Mujeres