OverviewJoin this tour to find out about the ancient Dilmun civilization that dates back to the 3rd Millennium BC. The tour covers most of the major archaeological excavation sites in the country. Bahrain Fort, Barbar Temple, Saar Ancient Settlement, Saar Burial Complex and Burial Mounds.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYouwill be met by your English speaking guide at yourhotel lobby in Manama and proceed for your sightseeing tour. The first stop will be toBahrain Fort.Thought to be once the centre of power for the ancientDilmun civilization, Qal'at Al Bahrain (Bahrain Fort) has UNESCO WorldHeritage status. Next up visitBarbar Temple. These temples areamong the most remarkablearchitectural survivals of the ancient world. It is an archaeological site located in the North-western village of Barbar inBahrain. Archaeologists found three temples built on top of each otherbelonging to different eras.
You will then move onto Saar Ancient Settlement.Saar is a well laid out settlement with a main street running up from thesoutheastern outskirts. It has a temple in the centre at the crossroads of thesettlement and two and three roomed buildings constructed in rowswith standard room plans and suites of domestic installations. Over 80buildings, mainly buildings have been discoeverd here.Saar Burial Complex is next up.Thereare large number of interconnecting graves in this ancient site. It is atype of burial unique to Bahrain.
Finally you will see the Burial Mounds.: These archaeological mounds are of great historicalimportance going back to the Dilmun civilization in the thirdmillennium BC. Other archaeological mounds, which go back to theHellenistic period of Alexander the Great (2500 BC) are also foundin various areas in Bahrain. The most imposing mounds are thosebelieved to be the Dilmunite Royal Tombs. These tombs are seen inA'ali close to modern dwellings. You will then be returned to your hotel in Manama.
Inclusions for Archaeological Tour Bahrain
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air conditioned private vehicle
Exclusions for Archaeological Tour Bahrain
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.