Archeo Nuraghe Tour: 5-Hour Shore Excursion
OverviewMake the most of your stop in Cagliari and disembark your cruise ship for an exciting 5-hour tour inland excursion. Visiting Barumini and its territory means discover a world rich in history and tradition.
Know More about this tourThis tour takes you into the Sardinian inland, where you can discover the nature and the town of Barumini. Experience an unforgettable walking tour trough the Nuraghe Village.
On the tour you will learn about the Sardinian History, the Nuragic civilization, the Bronze Age, and other amazing facts. For example, you can discover how the native people survived in this area without losing their bearings.
From the first moments in which you approach this small village of Marmilla, located in the heart of Sardinia, you can breathe a particular atmosphere, that one of a special place, deputed since the Old Age at seat of power and central part of a rich land full of marvels and fundamental way of communication.
The most important of witnesses of this glorious past is undoubtedly Su Nuraxi archaeological zone.
Discover a world in which the air is filled with history, culture and mystery: in the splendid setting of Su Nuraxi, you can lose yourself in the Nuragic civilization and experience some very charming events.
Su Nuraxi, made from basalt, reveals two thousand years of stratification, from the 16th century BC to the 7th century AD, and consists of a complex Nuraghe - a bastion with a central tower and four corner towers - and, all around it, a labyrinth of 50 huts, wells and cisterns. The central tower (originally 18 metres high) is the most ancient: the diameter of its walls decreases gradually as you go up towards the top. It was later surrounded by walls with four smaller towers. The boundary wall, however, dates back to a period of war. It is still visible and made the Nuraghe unassailable. These circular huts with conical roofs date back to the Late Bronze Age (14th - 12th century BC) and this type of dwelling is a unique example based on its complexity. The most significant one is the meeting hut, where pots, ornaments, tools, arms and votive images were found. An urban concentration emerged on the ruins of the ancient village at the end of the Nuragic civilization, in which the techniques and decor were those of a modern society, thanks also to external contacts. Punic and Roman occupation followed. The site was inhabited until the 3rd century AD and was frequented in the Early Middle Ages.
Your local guide will be keen to make the tour as personal as possible. He will assist you with his expertise and recall interesting anecdotes for you before bring you back to your cruise ship.
Inclusions for Archeo Nuraghe Tour: 5-Hour Shore Excursion
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide in english, italian, french and portuguese
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with wifi on board, due to availability, please be aware that vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- Skip the line
Exclusions for Archeo Nuraghe Tour: 5-Hour Shore Excursion
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Due to availability, please be aware that for groups of more than 8 participants vehicles used in the excursions may be different from description and vary at the management's discretion.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.