Architectural Treasures Of Old San Juan
OverviewExplore the city through the eyes of an architect and preservationist! Enjoy the quaint cobblestoned streets of Old San Juan, while exploring the unique architecture that includes bastions, forts, city walls, sentry boxes and churches which all served as the center stage of the most emblematic legends of the city as well as historical events. The walking tour will provide the experience of living and exploring a city that once was the most fortified city in the Americas with the most advanced military architecture of the 18th century. Since the fortifications represent a fine example of how European techniques of construction and design were implemented in the Americas they were designated a World Heritage Site by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Know More about this tourThe walking tour of Architectural Treasures of Old San Juan, starts at Plaza de la Catedral (also known as Plaza Felisa Rincon de Gautier, exactly in front of the Cathedral and Hotel El Convento). The visitors have to meet the tour guide at the location since the tour does not include transportation. The tour starts at 10:00 am or 3:00 pm with a general introduction. During the tour we will visit the original town center, the Cathedral, Gate of San Juan, La Rogativa among other landmarks, ending the tour at Fort San Felipe del Morro, the most impressive fortification built by the Spanish Crown in the Americas. The tour includes the entrance to Fort San Felipe del Morro. Since its a walking tour please wear smart casual clothing for warm humid weather, bring water and sun protection. The tour has a duration of approximately 2.5 hours.
Inclusions for Architectural Treasures Of Old San Juan
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Architectural Treasures Of Old San Juan
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.