Arenal Volcano And Tabacón Hot Springs Day Trip From San Jose
OverviewDont miss out on one of Costa Ricas most popular activities an Arenal Volcano and Tabacn hot springs tour! The day trip from San Jose includes a visit to Arenal 1968, a trail that puts you close enough to the volcano to see any lava that might be spewing out. Continue to the artisan town of Sarch, savor lunch in La Fortuna and finish at Tabacn Grand Spa Thermal Resort, relaxing in naturally heated pools and enjoying dinner. This tour is limited to 20 people, providing a small-group experience.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAfter a minivan pickup from your hotel in San Jose, your day trip begins with the 35-minute drive northwest to Sarch, a Central Valley town famous for its crafts, particularly wood and leather furniture and decorated oxcarts. Pick up a souvenir or two from a local artisan before making the 2.5-hour drive further north to the town of La Fortuna, which sits below Arenal and offers an unobstructed view of the volcn on clear days.
On arrival in La Fortuna, head to a local restaurant for a typical Costa Rican lunch of rice, beans, chicken or steak, and plantains, accompanied by a great view of Arenal. Then, continue your tour about 20 minutes down the road to Mirador Arenal 1968, a trail system on the edge of Arenal Volcano National Park (Parque Nacional Volcn Arenal) named for the 1968 eruption. Walk along the paths to find the best photo spots of the volcano and Lake Arenal (Lago Arenal), and watch for glimpses of bright orange lava flowing down the volcano.
Finally, head a few miles back toward La Fortuna to the Tabacn hot springs officially Tabacn Grand Spa Thermal Resort one of Costa Ricas biggest and most luxurious hot springs resorts. Enjoy roughly 3.5 hours here to soak in the various pools, which range in temperature from 77 to 102F (25 to 38C).
The resort is beautifully landscaped with waterfalls and lush vegetation and offers many ways to relax, from secluded pools to a swim-up bar (drinks at your own expense), so sit back and enjoy it until dinner is served. The resorts buffet dinner lasts about 30 minutes and offers a selection of Costa Rican cuisine, similar to lunch.
After dinner, head back to your hotel in San Jose (about 2.5 hours), where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Arenal Volcano And Tabacón Hot Springs Day Trip From San Jose
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to the Tabacn hot springs
- Buffet dinner
Exclusions for Arenal Volcano And Tabacón Hot Springs Day Trip From San Jose
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of two passengers is required for the tour to commence. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear light clothing, comfortable shoes and bring a bathing suit and towel
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.