OverviewGet to know Arequipa on this history-filled city sightseeing tour. With a professional guide, you’ll see the city’s top historical attractions, including the colonial districts of St Lazarus and Yanahuara, the Monastery of St Catherine and the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa, as well as two locations that provide excellent views of the city and its surrounds – Carmen Alto and the Mirador de Yanahuara. Travel by air-conditioned coach and hop off at various sites to walk around and soak it all in.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourArequipa is known as the White City (Ciudad Blanca) due to its many colonial-era buildings made from sillar, a white volcanic rock; admire these buildings and more as you start your city tour with pickup at your hotel by air-conditioned coach.
With your guide, head first to the St Lazarus quarter, where Arequipa was founded. Hop off the coach to walk along the picturesque streets lined with flowers and hear about the history of the city from your guide, and then make your way to the Carmen Alto viewpoint, where you’ll have a fabulous view of the outlying farmland and three volcanoes that surround the city: Misti, Cachani and Pichu Pichu.
After snapping some photos, continue your city sightseeing tour to another colonial district – Yanahuara – famous for its Andalusia-style church and buildings made from sillar. The area is also known for El Mirador de Yanahuara, a popular viewpoint where you’ll catch more views!
Next, visit the Monastery of St Catherine, a beautiful religious site home to the nuns of the Dominican Second Order that was closed to the public for nearly 400 years. Open today, it offers narrow alleyways and a peaceful plaza and gardens reminiscent of ancient Seville or Granada; enjoy the serene atmosphere as you stroll through them with your guide.
Lastly, head to Arequipa’s main square – Plaza de Armas – to see the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa, which has a history that dates back to the 1500s, although the physical structure has been rebuilt many times due to earthquakes and fires. You’ll then visit the Iglesia de los Jesuita (Church of the Society of Jesus), founded in the 17th century by Jesuits and known for its cloisters and St Ignacio Dome.
After this perfect introduction to Arequipa, your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel.
Inclusions for Arequipa City Tour Including St Catherine Monastery
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Arequipa City Tour Including St Catherine Monastery
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: Admission to religious places in shorts is not allowed; please wear long pants or a long skirt
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.