ARGO Mill Tour - Idaho Springs
OverviewTour the Mighty ARGO Gold Mill & Mine. Learn about Rocky Mountain Gold Rush history, explore our gold mine and mill. Get a free panning lesson at the end of your tour and use your skills to find real gold in your complimentary bag of gold ore.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourYour tour of the ARGO will include a view in the past history of the ARGO Mill and Tunnel through viewing a history movie that will explain its origins. We will offer a demonstration of mining equipment outside the gift shop and tour office, then transport you up to our ore mine the Double Eagle. From there, you will enter the 5 story ARGO Mill and descend through the myriad of artifacts left in place from the days the Mighty Argo was in full production. After you reach the bottom, you will enjoy looking through the fantastic array of mining artifacts and equipment at the base of the ARGO Mill in our museum room. It is chock full of antique photos that are great visual representations of what took place here at the ARGO and in the Idaho Springs area during the Rocky Mountain Gold Rush Era. When you come out of the ARGO Mill, you will find yourself in our panning yard where we offer a gold panning lesson and assist you in finding real gold ore. And you keep what you find! We also offer gold panning and gem panning separately from the tours for late arrivers and those who have limited time but would like to enjoy some of the ARGO experience.
Inclusions for ARGO Mill Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for ARGO Mill Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.