OverviewLeave Aix-en-Provence and travel north to the UNESCO-listed town of Arles for a half-day of independent sightseeing with the Arles Passport! After traveling to the town by minibus, the driver will leave you for roughly four hours to explore at leisure, enjoying free admission to top Arles attractions. See Roman ruins aplenty at Arles Ampitheater, the Cryptoportiques and Constantin Baths; marvel at Romanesque extravagance inside St-Trophime Church; and visit two of Arles’ museums if you wish!
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourLeave central Aix-en-Provence by luxury air-conditioned minivan, and then travel west along the coast with your private guide. Your destination is Arles, the ancient city that’s made its way onto the UNESCO World Heritage list in recognition of its beautifully preserved Roman monuments – some of which date back to 1st century BC.
After an hour on the road, your driver will drop you right in the center of the town, leaving you with your Arles Passport and map – everything you need for four hours of independent sightseeing!
Perhaps start with a visit to Arles Ampitheater (Les Arènes), and step back in time to the early 2nd century AD when gladiators would fight to entertain a 20,000-strong crowd. Its thick stone walls are remarkably still intact, and history is indeed set in its stone. Its smaller counterpart, Arles Roman Theatre, is located just across the street, so head inside and see the pillars and columns that comprise the ruins of this intriguing attraction.
Tempted by the lure of more incredible remains? Visit Place du Forum to see where the heart of the city was during the days of the Roman Empire. Don’t let the buzzing modern cafes fool you, for the ruins are craftily concealed below ground in the Cryptoportiques – a tantalizing network of cellars that were carved out in the 1st century BC; head underground to check them out! Back above ground, you can visit the Constantin Baths (Thermes de Constantin) to see the ruins of the thermal baths that were built for Roman Emperor Constantin.
Your Arles Passport also includes entry to St-Trophime Church – a true Romanesque beauty – and two museums: Museum Réattu and Arles Museum of Antiquity. See colorful canvases depicting modern-day Provencal life in the former, and an enchanting array of antiquities in the latter.
Meet your driver at the pre-arranged time, and return to Aix in the comfort of your air-conditioned minibus. Your tour finishes back at the start point in the early evening.
Please note: The Arles Passport allows you to visit one museum and four monuments of your choice.
Inclusions for Arles Passport With Transport From Aix-en-Provence
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Arles Passport (valid for one museum and four monuments)
- Entrance fees: Arles Amphitheater, Roman Theatre, Cryptoportiques, Constantin Baths, St-Trophime Church, Museum Réattu and Arles Museum of Antiquity
Exclusions for Arles Passport With Transport From Aix-en-Provence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Guided tours
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.