Arrábida Day Trip From Lisbon With Wine Tasting
OverviewDeparture towards the south, crossing the 25th of April Bridgetowards Azeito, visit to the village and Jos Maria da Fonseca cellars with free Muscat tasting. Travel through the beautiful Arrbida Mountains, and arriving in Setbal we suggest a stop for lunch and a visit the Fort of St. Philip. We continue towards Palmela to visit Palmela Castle, ending the tour crossingVasco da Gama Bridge, enjoying the view of the Tagus River.
Know More about this tourWe will cross the Tagus River by the 25th of April Bridge heading to Azeito, to visit the village and cellars of Jos Maria da Fonseca, producer of the famous Piriquita wine, so appreciated by our Brazilian brothers.
A Moscatel tasting is included in the tour. Get acquainted with the detailed production method of this wine and learn how the ceramic tiles of Saint Simenon are moulded, through a manufacturing process kept entirely manual, and then hand-painted. Before we enter Arrbida Ridge, finish your visit with a delicious Azeito Tart, one of the most typical pastries from this region, made of sheep milk.
We will then continue through Arrbida Ridge, with breathtaking views over the Atlantic Ocean and the Tria Peninsula. Keep a record of this moment by taking a photo in this protected area, known not only for its white sand and crystal-clear water beaches, but also for its variegated fauna and flora.
On our way out of the Natural Park of Arrbida Ridge, gaze upon Portinho da Arrbida, surrounded by its natural vegetation, an ideal spot for a family relaxing moment.
We will then proceed to Setbal, born from the river and the sea, where we suggest a stop to have lunch in one of the countless typical restaurants offering a wide variety of fresh fish and seafood.
After lunch, we will depart to the city of Palmela, conquered from the Moorish People by D. Afonso Henriques in 1147. We will visit the Palmela Castle, dated of the 9th century and located 240 metres above mean sea level. On the clearest days, it is possible to see the city of Lisbon from here.
Inclusions for Arrábida Day Trip From Lisbon With Wine Tasting
- Driver or tour guide
- Van with air conditioner, gas and tolls
- Insurances and taxes
- Hotel pickup
- Private tour
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Arrábida Day Trip From Lisbon With Wine Tasting
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Active Tourism - Lisbon Tour to the most beautiful marine caves in Arrbia
- Lisbon Active Tourism - Coasteering in Arrbia
- Lisbon Active Tourism - Diving in Arrbia - Sesimbra
- Lisbon Airport Private Transfer to Costa da Caparica or Almada
- ALGARVE from Lisbon PRIVATE Tour - Albufeira and Lagos (Ponta da Piedade)
- Arrbida Jeep tour to the most beautiful beach of Europe
- Hiking tour to the highest point of Arrbida mountain