Arrábida Small Group Tour From Lisbon With Lunch
OverviewAs you cross the Tagus River you’ll discover one of the most beautiful regions in the country: the lovely Árrabida Natural Park, a wonderful green area with a Mediterranean charm. We also stop at Espichel Cape, Sesimbra, Setúbal and Palmela with its labyrinthine streets from the medieval era!
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourStart your morning with a hotel pick-up in Lisbon, then ride south to Arrbida in your air-conditioned vehicle. Cross the Tagus River on the 25th of April Bridge (Ponte 25 de Abril), and discover the verdant Arrbida Mountains. On the way to this UNESCO World Heritage Site applicant, pass by landmarks such as the statue of Cristo Rei, fashioned after the Corcovado statue in Rio de Janeiro.
Stop at Albufeira Lagoon (Lagoa de Albufeira), home to a popular beach and one of Europes top bird watching spots. Continue on to picturesque Espichel Cape, and see its 18th-century Our Lady of the Cape sanctuary, a popular pilgrimage site. See hundred million year-old dinosaur footprints in this protected area.
Next, visit the marlin-fishing village of Sesimbra, and admire its 12th-century castle overlooking the bay. Sample local seafood such as the famous Mariscada de Sesimbra (local seafood, including lobster, crab, shrimp, and more) or the Caldeirada (fish stew with local seafood). After lunch (own expense), journey up the Arrbida Mountain. Pass by lush greenery and vineyards where some of the worlds most premium muscat wines are producedand go for a taste of a Torta de Azeito, a traditional pastry and a local muscat wine. Snap photos of the stunning vistas overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Set out for Palmela, passing through Setbal and Sado estuary, a nature reserve inhabited by birds and dolphins.
Wander the medieval labyrinthine streets of Palmela, and take in views of Setbal Peninsula, Lisbon, and the Atlantic Coast. Finally have a wine tasting in a famous winery in Azeito before getting back home.Watch the glow of the sunset color the city as you cross the bridge back into Lisbon.
Inclusions for Arrábida Small Group Tour From Lisbon With Lunch
- Hotel pickup (Lisbon area)
- Drop-off in Lisbon city center (Marqus de Pombal or Rossio)
- Small-group tour
- Professional but informal local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- Traditional pastry ("Torta de Azeito")
- Muscat tasting ("Moscatel de Setbal")
- Wine tasting (3 red wines + 1 ros)
Exclusions for Arrábida Small Group Tour From Lisbon With Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
May be operated by a multilingual guide
A minimum of 4 people and maximum of 8 people per booking is required: there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Winter option available January - May and Summer option available June - October
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.