Transport during the St Martin Art Tour is in an air conditioned vehicle with a maximum of 6 guests. Homemade banana bread, iced tea and iced coffee are served during one of the stops. Are you a cruise ship guest? Please read below if you have concerns regarding timing*.
Please let us know which 4 artists have your preference:
- Tess Verheij A Dutch artist and art teacher, with her own gallery and arts and crafts studio. She provides scholarships for local children, funded by selling her own wonderful art which she creates on different mediums with a fascinating variation of materials, such as metal and local sand.
- Max Phelipa - Born in the Dutch Caribbean Max displays his colourful oils, pastels and acrylics around his house in a neat and lush garden. His favourite subjects are tropical flowers, local scenery and portraits.
- Jean-Pierre Straub - This Frenchman is the only marqueter in the Caribbean, and one of the best in the world. Marquetry is the art of inlaying thin fine wood. Jean-Pierre creates the most wonderful Caribbean sceneries which radiate warmth and skill.
- Sir Roland Richardson Impressionist with oils and also creates detailed engravings. You will both admire his paintings of St Martin's national tree the red flowering Flamboyant, as well as this artist's flamboyant character. Roland Richardson's Art Gallery is not open on Sundays and the master himself can only be met on Thursdays.
- Alexandre Minguet - The vibrant watercolor paintings and handmade lithographs of the late Alexandre Minguet are shown in his former studio, by his daughter Catherine.
- Dame Ruby Bute - Born in the Dutch Caribbean and a wonderful story teller, poet and painter. Her colourful paintings depict life on St Martin as she remembers it from when she was small. Ruby Bute is always happy to share the story behind whichever painting you prefer, in the art gallery next to her home.
- Francis Eck - Bright and abstract oils of Caribbean seascapes as well as snowscapes, since this French artist grew up in the Alsace. All his works are made with palette knives. The exposition is at his home where you can also have a peek into his studio.
My ship arrives later than 8.30 am, can I do a tour with you?
Yes, we can adjust the starting time of the tour. Pls let us know your ship and time.
Will I make it in time to your meeting point?
If your ship is docking half an hour prior to our starting time, then you will make it to our meeting point at Dock Maarten. Dont worry if you're delayed up to 30mins, we know the ships in port, youve paid for your tour, so we wait till you get to our meeting point.
Will the tour be back in time for my cruise ship?
We have returned 100% of our cruise ship guests back to the ship on time.