OverviewMaster the art of gelato making at a family-owned 'gelateria' during a 1-hour class in Rome. Under the guidance of a local gelato maker, be introduced into the world of Roman gelato and create your own artisan product inside the Italian ice cream shop. Learn how to use a gelato machine and enjoy a step-by-step lesson in the making of traditional gelato, before sampling some of your own and the gelaterias mouthwatering creations. Numbers are limited to 8 on this small-group class, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMake your own way to one of the most popular gelaterie in Rome for your gelato class. Situated amid the medieval houses and labyrinthine narrow streets of the city’s Trastevere neighborhood, the gelateria is a stone’s throw from the Tiber River’s picturesque banks.
Once you arrive at the family-owned gelateria, which dates back to the 1950s, begin your class with an introduction into the world of Roman gelato from the shop’s gelatai (ice cream maker) and a lesson in the importance of choosing quality ingredients. Then, don your apron, roll up your sleeves and prepare to make the base for your authentic, artisan gelato.
After you have created your base, listen as the gelatai teaches you how to use the machines, and learn about the differences between a gelateria machine and a home gelato machine. Following step-by-step instructions, marvel as your ingredients turn into mouthwatering gelato right in front of your eyes.
When your gelato is ready to be eaten — and you’ve successfully worked up your appetite — set your taste buds tingling and sample your very own creations as well as some of the gelateria’s most popular flavors. Feeling refreshed, bid a fond goodbye to your gelatai and receive some recipe cards so that you can impress your friends and family with your traditional Roman gelato back at home.
Inclusions for Artisan Gelato Class In Rome
- Professional gelato maker
Exclusions for Artisan Gelato Class In Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Youth younger than 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Please make a note of any specific dietary requirements in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.