- Antibes - No wonder why so many people seek escape in that town 3rd largest in the French Riviera today.
- After leaving Antibes well continue to the village of artists, hidden in the hills Saint Paul de Vence. This medieval town standing within XIV century ramparts has been called the Royal city in past. Over 100 years ago it turned into real mekka of artists young painters, sculptors and modern designers. The trend started when Picasso, Chagall or Matisse as well as many others were coming here for inspiration youll easily find out why?. Its no different today many yet unknown artist find their home here and you would not believe your eyes seeing what combination it brings: middle-ages narrow streets with galleries, ateliers, shopping windows full of modern art. In case you are into this direction there is more: the worlds largest collection of contemporary arts also located in St Paul in honorable museum, the Maeght Foundation.
- When getting to Nice will drive by the one and only Promenade des Anglais famous boulevard along the Bay of Angels, between the airport of Nice Cote dAzur and its Port Lympia. With all the greatest hotels by, not to mention the majestic Negresco among them a real pearl of belle-epoque archirecture. Its been for over one and half century the favourite destination to have a walk or recently also to jog, bike or roller-skate.
- Our next stop would take place in front of St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral - the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Western Europe, opened in 1912 and meant to serve the large Russian community that had settled in Nice by the end of the 19th century. Its Byzantium style and beautiful gardens around would tell you another story of the city and its connection to the times of the Tzars.
- Next stop Nice, the Old Town, vibrant Massena Square, next to the statue of Apollo. From there youll enjoy walking around the heart of Old Nice. Must-see spots like Cours Saleya incredible flower market that turns out into Mediterranean food court in the evenings as well as the surroundings baroque streets next to the Opera building reflected in the paintings of Matisse still proudly holding the mood of Napoleon era. Just few steps away you may see the Nice Cathedral of Saint Reparata built in XVII century and hear the story of the mythical martyr girl, the patroness of the cathedral. Then splendid instantiation of the Neoclassical heritage of Nice Palace of Justice and the square with the charming fountain and souvenir boutiques around it will have your full attention.
- On your way back you will stop again majestic hill of Mont Boron. Thats where youll see XV-century stronghold that used to protect the bay of Villefranche. Unforgettable rendez-vous with major city of French Riviera.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
We can start on your schedule but 9 AM is the recommended start time
Departure Details :
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Our guide welcomes you in the port of Cannes right after your disembarkment and thats when you land in our caring hands for 8 following hours and take you for a ride westbound from Cannes. You would see three different towns historical and naval Antibes, artistic St Paul de Vence and magnetic Nice it will all take 8 hours. As this is a private tour, well be happy to adopt it to your individual expectations. We leave Cannes and drive along the seashore to Antibes. Antibes the first city established in the Cote dAzur, back then by the Greeks played an important role as located between Marseille and Italy. Called Antipolis in the past still looks impressive with its Fort Carre (squared fort) massive fortifications overlooking the harbor and beautiful marina.
Know More about this tour
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers