Ashdod Shore Excursion: Private Jerusalem And Dead Sea Day Trip
OverviewLeave Ashdod Port and combine sacred sights with Dead Sea delights on a full-day shore excursion, led by a private guide! After visiting the Mount of Olives to soak up the views, head into Jerusalems Old City to visit the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa pilgrimage route, Muslim bazaar and more. Then, travel through the Judean Desert to the northern shores of the Dead Sea for an afternoon of floating in the sea and bathing in mineral-rich mud.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourStart your day with a port pickup from Ashdod Port, and then travel south to Jerusalem by air-conditioned coach, roughly two hours away. As you enter the city, stop to admire the views from the Mount of Olives, gazing out at the Dome of the Rock at Temple Mount Esplanade. Travel through Kidron Valley, past the monumental burial tombs at the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus was said to have prayed before his crucifixion to the walls of the Armenian quarter of Jerusalems Old City.
Stretch your legs on a walk, ambling along the old Byzantine main road, and stop to admire the Western Wall, nicknamed the wailing wall after the worshipers who use it as an open-air synagogue. Soak up the atmosphere and continue through the Jewish quarter to the Christian quarter for a walk along the Via Dolorosa. The road was once an important pilgrimage route for Christian visitors, believed to mark the way to the site of Jesus crucifixion at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
Enjoy a break for lunch (own expense), and then wander away from the Christian quarter to check out the Muslim bazaar, a bustling place where Hebron glass and Armenian pottery knickknacks are sold alongside spices and coffee. Browse the stalls with your guide, and then leave Jerusalem for your journey through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea roughly an hour away.
Stop at the northern coast, and head inside one of the Dead Sea resorts to swim and float in the mineral-rich waters at leisure. Marking the lowest point on the face of the Earth, the impressive stretch of water is fed by a collection of incoming rivers that gush in to its land-locked shores. As the waters have nowhere to flow on to, they evaporate and leave behind a rich concentration of natural salt that attributes to the Dead Seas famous buoyancy.
After floating on the water and enjoying the therapeutic mud, meet your guide and return to Ashdod Port where your day trip finishes.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Ashod Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Ashdod Shore Excursion: Private Jerusalem And Dead Sea Day Trip
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned car or minibus
- Viators worry-free guarantee
Exclusions for Ashdod Shore Excursion: Private Jerusalem And Dead Sea Day Trip
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Swimwear is required for the Dead Sea
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Negev Private Day Tour From Jerusalem
- Jerusalem Half Day Tour: Dome of the Rock and Western Wall
- Jerusalem Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of Jesus
- Palm Sunday in Jerusalem: Mass at Bethpage and Via Dolorosa Procession
- Hebron Day Trip from Jerusalem: Israeli-Palestinian Sites
- Jerusalem Super Saver: Jerusalem and the Dead Sea Day Tour plus In the Footsteps of Jesus Walking Tour