OverviewVisit Cortona and Assisi, two stunning hilltop towns, on a full-day trip from Siena! Explore the town of Cortona in the morning, sightseeing independently or discovering its delights on a guided walking tour (own expense). Then, spend your afternoon in the town of Assisi, following in the footsteps St Francis of Assisi (Italys patron saint) on a walking tour, learning about his life in the town.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave your central Siena hotel in the morning and travel east to Cortona, a stunning little hilltop town of ancient origins. The setting for the 2003 rom-com Under the Tuscan Sun, Cortona boasts a wealth of picture-perfect medieval architecture making it a perfect place to spend your morning. Sightsee at leisure or join a walking tour (own expense), seeing sites like Santa Margherita Sanctuary built to commemorate the patron saint of the city and the imposing Palazzo Communale. Enjoy a walk and stroll around the city walls.
After your tour, relax with some free time in the town to do as you please. Perhaps find a piazza-side caf for lunch (own expense) or stroll around the narrow lanes admiring the sun-bleached stone buildings. Meet back up with your guide at a pre-arranged time to leave Cortona by coach.
Continue your tour traveling south into Umbria to visit Assisi, an enchantingly beautiful hill town, best known for its links to St Francis a wealthy merchants son who chose to embrace poverty and preach on the streets of the town.
Follow in St Francis footsteps on a walking tour around Assisi, ambling along winding streets and alleyways and ending up in the spectacular Basilica di San Francesco. See both the upper and lower basilicas -- one lavishly ornate and the other minimalistic and sober in line with St Francis teachings. The church is also famous for its Giotto frescoes, and your guide will point out these medieval depictions of St Francis life in the town.
Return to your coach for the journey back through the picturesque Tuscan hills to Siena, where you'll arrive in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Assisi And Cortona Day Trip From Siena
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees: Basilica di San Francesco, Basilica di Santa Chiara
- Guided visit of Assisi
- Expert multilingual escorts
Exclusions for Assisi And Cortona Day Trip From Siena
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Please note that a fair amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.