Assisi And Orvieto - Rome
OverviewThis tour forms for a fun filled journey of its own. Driving along the banks of River Tiber, through the highways of the city, we reach the magnificent cathedral of Santa Maria Degli Angeli. Along the Lake Trasimeno is Assisi, where one can visit the churches, Roman Temples and the birthplace of St. Francis as well. One can also shop for good quality wines, like Orvieto and local products in Tuscany.
- The religious architecture of Umbria and the wines and local products of Tuscany.
- Admire the magnificent 14th century cathedral.
- The green Tuscan Hills covered in olive groves and vineyards.
- A guided stroll through the lanes of this historic town, you will see the Church of St. Claire.
Know More about this tour
Journey beyond the modern highways and large cities and discover the real Italy, where small ancient visits are just waiting to be discovered. A tour that unveils the religious architecture of Umbria and the wines and local products of Tuscany. Leaving Rome in a northerly direction, driving along the Tiber Valley, we reach ORVIETO, a small town of Etruscan origins where we stop to admire the magnificent 14th century cathedral, a masterpiece of gothic architecture. The tour continues through the green Tuscan Hills covered in olive groves and vineyards. This is the land of some of Italy’s best known D.O.C. (quality controlled) wines, which include Orvieto, Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino. Lunch too will be of traditional local dishes. In the early afternoon, having driven along the shores of Lake Trasimeno, we reach ASSISI, built at the foot of Mount Subasio. Here, during a guided stroll through the lanes of this historic town, you will see the Church of St. Claire, St Francis’ birthplace, his childhood home, Townhall Square with its People’s Palace, Roman Temple dedicated to Minerva and of course the Townhall itself. Visit St Francis’ Basilica, close to the ancient city walls, with its magnificent frescoes painted between the 12th and 14th centuries. Leaving Assisi, we stop at the town of Santa Maria degli Angeli named after its church inside which, in the Chapel of Porziuncola, St. Francis died in 1226. Reaching Rome around 7:30/8:00 pm, you will be left in the vicinity of your hotel.
- Important: Entrance to churches requires appropriate attire (no shorts, miniskirts or uncovered shoulders)
Inclusions for Assisi And Orvieto
- Drop off at the vicinity of your hotel.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If the tour is cancelled between 0 hours to 48 hours before the tour starts, 100% cancellation charges applicable.
- If the tour is cancelled between 2 days or more before the start date, no cancellation charges applicable.
- No show 100% Cancellation charges applicable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome