At The Heart Of The Château Experience With Tasting In Cognac
OverviewIn this 1.15-hour tour, you will have the opportunity to visit the Chteau Royal de Cognac, a historic monument and Maison de Cognac. With your guide, you will learn about the history of France and to become familiar with the elaboration of the Cognac Baron Otard through the discovery of the authentic cellars inside the Chteau. Finally, at the end of the visit, you will enjoy a tasting including three Cognacs: VSOP, the prestigious XO Gold and Extra 1795.
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the afternoon and start your tour of the Chteau Royal de Cognac. The visit is divided in two high points: the first one involves the history of France, and the second one the elaboration of the Baron Otard cognac.
In the first part, you will learn, thanks to your professional guide, about the Chteau de Cognac, located in Cognac city, which is a 13th century historical monument and a French history memorial. Hear about the history of France from the 13th to the 19th century, and discover the prestigious State Room, where King Francis 1st hosted his guests.
At the end of the 18th century, the Chateau was purchased by Baron Otard. The Chteau is known for its exceptional environment, temperature and humid condition, perfect for ageing spirits. You will explore the humid cellars in the depth of Chteau where the best eaux-de-vie are still ageing today with the exceptional natural conditions.
You will end your tour in the Chateau with a tasting of three different types of Cognac: Baron Otard VSOP, XO Gold and Extra 1795.
The Chteau Royal de Cognac is ideally located at 90 minutes drive away from Bordeaux and Poitiers and 50 minutes drive away from the Atlantic Coast.
Inclusions for At The Heart Of The Château Experience With Tasting In Cognac
- Entrance fees
- Small-group tour
- 3 Cognac tastings: Baron Otard VSOP, XO Gold and Extra 1795
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for At The Heart Of The Château Experience With Tasting In Cognac
- Food & Beverage
- Shop items
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.