OverviewJoin the fun on the Athabasca River for a unique perspective of Jasper National Park. The 16-kilometre, 2.5-hour round trip passes through many small sets of rapids and calm stretches, which allows your guide to point out the natural and human history of Jasper. This float trip is safe for the whole family, from toddlers and grandparents to swimmers and non-swimmers alike.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Popular choice with kids
Know More about this tourExperience an easy rafting and scenic float trip down the Athabasca River, a designated Canadian Heritage River. A National Park licensed guide will provide commentary on the human and natural history of Jasper while navigating you along the same route used by the "fur traders" over 2 centuries ago. Life jackets and the specially designed, 25 foot log (7 meter) oar powered rafts offer a safe and comfortable ride through several small, easy sets of rapids and calm stretches that any first time rafter will enjoy. Don't worry - the guides do all the rowing. You sit back and enjoy while exploring all the spectacular scenery. There is always a chance of seeing various wildlife, including elk, deer, moose, coyotes, wolves, eagles, ospreys, mountain sheep, and bears.
Tours will operate rain or shine, and a poncho will be provided when required. This trip is designed for the whole family. Toddlers to seniors aged 2 to 102 years old are welcome. Toddlers and grandparents alike can enjoy this safe cruise down the World Heritage Athabasca River and together appreciate the fun of watching others get splashed.
The section of the Athabasca River that you'll raft on is rated as a Class II - meaning that there are some sections with rapids that do little more than get your backside wet. Therein lays the fun!
Inclusions for Athabasca River Scenic Float Trip
- Local guide
- Plastic rain poncho to protect you from splashes and potential rain showers
- Professional photographer
- Life jackets
Exclusions for Athabasca River Scenic Float Trip
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Wetsuits (not necessary)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Recommended to wear casual clothing and footwear that you don't mind getting wet
Professional photographer will take a photo of your raft trip. You will have the opportunity to purchase the photo at the end of the trip
Restroom facilities available at the launch site
Rafts can accommodate up to 24 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.