OverviewImagine a city with 3000 years old astonishing civilization, presented today by several world heritage antiquities, spread like white pieces of marble thrown on the ground. In the middle of them, stands taller the supreme Acropolis, like Athens sparkling crown. One by one, the Herodion Odeon, Ancient Agora, Acropolis, Kerameikos, Roman Forum and Tower of the Winds, Hadrians Gate and Lysicrates monument along with more fascinating sights, will reveal the many faces of one of the greatest cities in human history. You will ride through exciting trails to get closer and take pictures of Athens antiquities. You will enjoy listening to colorful anecdotes about Athens and legendary Athenians, on your comfort eBike seat and the care of our leader.
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourYou gear up and begin the tour by cycling besides the Acropolis Museum. You follow the promenade to go up to Pnyx hill and the National Observatory where the astronomer Metron made his observations in ancient times. You have the opportunity to visit the plateau where the Athenians gathered for issues concerning the citys governing.
You reach a small bridge up front is the archeological site of Keramikos and to the east you are able to see Lycabettus hill, the tallest 300 meter hill of Athens. Continue the ride on Ermou street which is over the flow of Heridanos river, a small river which used to flow in ancient times. Enter the legendary area of Psirri.
Exiting Psirri you will face the famous Monastiraki square. From there you cycle next to the Tzistirakis mosque, the ruins of Hadrians library, to reach the Roman Forum. On the eastern side of the Forum the masterful monument Tower of the Winds dominates the area, which in ancient times was used as an annual hydraulic hourglass and a weathervane.
Through old alleys of Plaka, neoclassical houses and yards with odors of jasmine and hydrangeas you have a break to enjoy a coffee in the allure of a traditional Greek cafe under the shade provided by tree branches. Following the paved road you find the main entrance of Acropolis hill and you stop to visit Areios Pagos.
Last part is cycling through Thission to the Ancient Agora with the imposing buildings of the temple dedicated to Hephaestus and Athena Argani as well as the magnificent Stoa of Attalos building. After following an old dirt road you reach the way to the magnificent ancient Odeon of Herodes Atticus which is the last stop of this amazing tour.
Inclusions for Athens Classic Electric Bike Tour
- Bottled water
- Local tour leader
- Tour guiding headset
- Bike helmet (obligatory)
- Rent of electric bicycle (pedelec)
Exclusions for Athens Classic Electric Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless otherwise specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.