Athens Culinary Walking Tour
OverviewJoin a small group tour get to knowGreekfood on a culinary adventure. Visit the old neighborhoods and explore the authentic taste of Greek food, as it is served upinAthens.Be a local, not a tourist and taste authentic food in this guided tour through Athens' unknown neighbourhoods.Discover another way to taste the authentic Greek cuisine as you walk the streets of this gourmet heaven. Athens has everything that you can ask from a food destination. This is a small group walking tour, there will be a maximum of 8 people so it is always an intimate experience.
Know More about this tourJoin the group at the Acropolis metro station and be sure to bring your appetite. Meet your local gourmet guide whohas nibbled her way from one end of the city to the other. Enjoy this small group culinary tour of Athens in areas where other tourists will miss altogether. Observe the everyday hubbub of Athens andsample this very special food culture. Explore busy streets where people do their marketing and ply their trade. Stop at the local restaurants that shopkeepers frequent for lunch and visit secluded gardens where elderly men enjoy tea.
Head forvibrant neighborhoods that is home to a variety of taverns, bars, and restaurants. Duck into a local tavern, run by the generations of a local family, for a mezetasting. Learn whats in ouzo. Put your hands to understand how the local Greeksmake (and pronounce!) taramasalata and moussakka? How is meat roasted for agyro? Where can you find the best loukaniko and pita? Enjoy variety of samplings to choose as you go.
Your tour will finish at the Plaka area so that you can enjoy lunch or dinner ( not included) when the tour ends.
Plaka is very close to where the tour starts. Please note all cruise ship passengers should make their own way to the start point and back to port. Transfers are not included.
Inclusions for Athens Culinary Walking Tour
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Athens Culinary Walking Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Transfers from/to dock are not included. Cruise ship passengers make their own way to the start point and back to port.
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athenian Metro, connect the dots, Discover the City Under the City
- Athens Sunrise Cruise
- Athens Airport Shuttle Service to or from Athens Center
- Underground Athens by Athens Underground: Sections Through Soil and History plus Kerameikos
- Small-Group Cultural Nemea Day Trip including Lunch and Wine Tasting
- Electric Bike Parnitha Mtn Tour - Athens National Park
- Self Guided Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City
- Electric Bike Athens Tour - The Alternative Picture of the City