Athens Food Tour
OverviewGive your taste buds a treat with all the scintillating food and delicacies that the city has to offer. With this private tour you are sure to visit only the most loved and famed restaurants and eateries all across the city. So taste the food and get to know the culture of the destination.
- Enjoy a walking tour to the city’s most authentic neighborhoods.
- Visit Athens central food market.
- Discover unique specialty food stores.
- Enjoy a cup of Greek coffee.
- Sample a rich selection of sweet and savory local delicacies-enough to replace lunch!
- Learn about the Greek food culture and gastronomy.
- Fun and knowledgeable Insider food specialist.
Know More about this tour
Greek private food tour in Athens. Tantalize your taste buds and gain insights into Greek gastronomy with this delicious Athens food walking tour. Learn all about the tastes Athenians cherish and indulge in a bountiful assortment of appetizing sweet and savory local delicacies and drinks with our food-wise guide.
Discover small shops, explore the city’s central food market and find out for yourself what the Greek food culture is really like.
For the average resident of Athens food is much more than simple sustenance. It is a hobby, a topic of conversation, an endless passion.
During our food tour you will get to taste the treats Athenians enjoy as part of their daily routine as well as gain insights into the development of our cooking methods, our recipes and culinary traditions.
You will indulge in mouth-watering sweet and savory delicacies, enough to replace lunch, such as traditional pies, Greek Souvlaki, Loukoumades and cold cuts. We will also enjoy one of Greece’s most famous beverage, the Greek coffee, as well as authentic spirits that are closely interwoven with the Greek lifestyle.
We will be visiting dedicated artisans that have perfected their recipes over the decades, as well as specialized food stores sourcing the best products from all over Greece. A culinary tour in Athens would not be complete without a visit to the city’s vibrant central food market where local vendors exhibit their produce from across the country.
With this sense-provoking tour you will discover all of the above with our friendly and knowledgeable food-wise guide. Furthermore, we can assist you with buying whatever tasty souvenirs you may want to take back home.
- Since this is a walking tour you will need to be wearing comfortable shoes, a hat and sun-block. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and lots of energy!
- Children up to 12 years of age participate for free.
- Not available on National Holidays.
Inclusions for Athens Food Tour
- 4-hour walking tour
- Sampling of sweet and savory local delicacies –enough to replace lunch
- Greek coffee or herbal tea
- Services of a specialized Insider guide
- All taxes
Exclusions for Athens Food Tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop off or any other transfers
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 24 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 4 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 4 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 15%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.