Athens Full Day Tour With Lunch
OverviewFrom the Acropolis to Omonia Square, you'll see with this full day trip all the famous sites of ancient and modern Athens. Offering a perfect overview of the modern city, this guided tour will help you get your bearings if this is your first visit to Athens.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThe Athens full-day tour depart for a photo stop at Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. Proceed, passing by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. You will then drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, and finally ACROPOLIS.
Continue the expert guided Athens sightseeing and Acropolis museum one day tour with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the ACROPOLIS museum. Avoid and skip the lines of the new museum. Main attractions such as votives, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you.
After a morning tour full of images continue in a local restaurant under the slopes of Acropolis for lunch. After lunch depart for a wonderful drive along the scenic coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) to CAPE SOUNION. Cape Sounion is only 45 miles (70 kilometers) from Athens, making it the perfect lazy afternoon tour destination. The Cape's Temple of Poseidon is perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the sea. The view across the Aegean is magnificent with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world, extending all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day. The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffiti left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s. The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Inclusions for Athens Full Day Tour With Lunch
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Athens Full Day Tour With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For Acropolis hill and Cape Sounio, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.