Athens Gourmet Food Small Group Walking Tour With Tastings
OverviewDiscover Athens through its food culture and taste superb Greek pastries, wine, cheese and salamis. Enjoy authentic Greek delis, visit traditional food stores, markets and grocery stores and try mouth-watering Greek desserts.
Know More about this tourExplore the food markets of Athens on a 4-hour walking tour and taste some of the delicious treats on offer. Visit local stores selling the "Green Treasures" of Greece, such as olive oil, wines, mushrooms, herbs and traditionally made pastas and salamis.
Start with a traditional Greek breakfast of kouluria (sesame bread rings) in a century-old caf, and then make your way to a tiny pastry shop to sample loukoumades (Greek donuts) and custard-filled filo squares.
Enjoy local pies and cheeses at authentic Greek bakeries and cheese stores.
Next, wander through the meat and fish market, the living monument markets of the city. Try some home-grown and roasted coffee, and visit specialty shops to purchase fresh fruit, olives, cheese, ham and other deli produce. Enjoy some local wine, organic produce olive oil and honey, seven years old aromatized vinegars and the world famous Greek yoghurt produced at family farms, at a small shop that sells awesome gifts for your friends back home.
Wander down Evripidou Street, scented by herbs. Try organic olive oils at a small shop that sells awesome gifts for your friends back home. Then end your culinary exploration at the deli stores of the historic city center where your guide will make you complimentary gifts to take back home.
Inclusions for Athens Gourmet Food Small Group Walking Tour With Tastings
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Olive oil tasting
- Salami, ham, and cheese tasting
- Greek desserts
- Traditional pies
- Wine Tasting
Exclusions for Athens Gourmet Food Small Group Walking Tour With Tastings
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please make sure you will not eat anything in advance cause the amount of food is plenty.
Inform your guide in case of any food allergies.
Vegetarians are welcomed.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.