Athens Half-Day Grand Sightseeing Electric Bike Tour
OverviewYou will dive back in time to discover the many faces of Athens spread around a 8 mile (13 kilometer) circle. You will witness ancient ruins, Byzantine churches, Ottoman mosques and neoclassical manors designed by European architects of 19th century. On this 4.5-hour exciting urban adventure, you will explore the Athens’ famous antiquities and also more significant sights of Athens while be amazed of tales about some very interesting Athenians. Tour leader, headset, electric bike rental and safety rental are included.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
You move towards the wall built by Hasekis and reach Hadrian's Gate, a reference point in Athens during the Roman occupation. It offers a view of the magnificent ruins of the largest Greek temple "Temple of Olympian Zeus. From there you reach Zappeion Megaron, the 19th century mansion, hosted participants of the first modern Olympic Games and is next to the Panathenaic Stadium, symbol of the Greek athletic tradition.
You witness the Presidential mansion situated on Herodou Attikou street before move to Kolonaki, the famous district of Athens aristocrats. From there you cycle to the National Garden the oldest and most famous botanical garden. Exiting the the park, you reach the Parliament and Syntagma square where stand the soldiers of the Presidential Guard wearing their traditional uniforms, called "tsoliades".
The Numismatic Museum, the once residence of famous archaeologist Sliman, is next to three great mansions of modern day Greece, the Academy of Athens, the University and the National library. You cycle by the first palace of king Otto and reach the commercial area of 19th century through Eolou and Athinas streets.
Follow the cobbled streets of Psirri to the museum of Islamic art and from there enter Ermou street and Kerameikos archaeological site. You will observe the old gas factory, that has been turned into an industrial museum and a venue that hosts many events.
As you ride around the archeological area of the northern side of the Acropolis, Plaka alleys are revealed. Through those, Hadrian's street and Filomousou square you experience a journey through the medieval and ottoman eras.
Inclusions for Athens Half-Day Grand Sightseeing Electric Bike Tour
- Bottled water
- Tour guiding headset
- Local tour leader
- Rentof electric bicycle (pedelec25)
- Bikehelmet (obligatory)
Exclusions for Athens Half-Day Grand Sightseeing Electric Bike Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Use proper cycling clothes and shoes
Sunglasses and sun care are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Athens Shopping Tour
- Early Morning Athens Marketplace, Acropolis and Parthenon Tour with Pastry Shop Visit
- Athens evening Tour Do what locals do
- A Morning Stroll in Athens with Greek Coffee
- Traditional Greek Food Tasting and Culinary Walking Tour in Athens
- Athens Airport Arrival Transfer: Airport to Athens Hotels Shuttle Bus