Athens: Love As Chimera - Four Athenian Stories, Self-Guided Mobile Tour
OverviewLove as chimera: four Athenian stories is all about the tribulations of love. These four stories are inspired by the true events surrounding the heartbreaking love affairs of famous Athenians. This is a self-guided mobile tour provided by our tour-guide app. The tour is based on an award-winning storytelling concept and the fascinating narratives prepared by handpicked destination experts. Enjoy this multilingual tour by using your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet at your own pace, even if you are offline. The interactive map on your screen will guide you step by step to explore all the points of interest along your route. Each stop comes with a selection of signature stories, allowing you to tailor this experience to your personal interests and schedule.
Know More about this tour
The tour begins conveniently near the Acropolis Metro Station, outside the new Acropolis Museum. The impressive brick edifice before it is the Weiler Building, that served as a military hospital in the 19th century. It was here that Michalis Mimikos, an elegant military officer and doctor came to work to discover Marie, the love of his life, on her deathbed, following her jump from the Parthenon. Then we cross Plaka to reach Ermou Street, the busiest commercial street in Athens, where we read about the escapades of Rudolph Meyfarth, a bookbinder-turned-art dealer who spent his fortune on expensive presents and dresses for his European girlfriends, only to see them all abandon him for younger men. In Psyri, we will stand before an empty lot and try to imagine the fragrant lemon trees that once charmed Lord Byron as he pursued the three daughters of his housekeeper. And, finally, only a short metro ride away, we will discover the true modern face of Athens in Mousio, a typical residential area that once reverberated to the tunes of Attiks love songs, inspired by his passion for a blue-eyed brunette who loved him and then scorned him. Love is indeed a whimsical god.
To take this self-guided tour you will need the app on your iOS or Android device.
- See the Weiler Building, where Marie asked her boyfriend to go on living, despite her own demise; he committed suicide the same night.
- Walk along Ermou Street, where 19th-century Athenians were amused watching the elderly bookbinder Meyfarth parade his latest fling.
- Visit the location of the residence of the Maid of Athens, the charming girl who inspired Lord Byron to write one of his most beautiful poems.
Inclusions for Athens: Love As Chimera - Four Athenian Stories, Self-Guided Mobile Tour
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone in English
- Offline content with offline interactive map and signature stories
- Secure promo code to access the tour after downloading the app with no extra fees
Exclusions for Athens: Love As Chimera - Four Athenian Stories, Self-Guided Mobile Tour
- App not available for Windows phones
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that this is an audio self-guided tour. No VR / AR is included, no physical guide will accompany you.
You must have an Android or iOS smartphone for this digital tour.
After booking, you will receive an email with your personal promo code and instructions to download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play and unlock this tour.
The tour is yours to use at any moment you wish according to your schedule and also repeat any time.
Usage of headphones is recommended, in order to best enjoy this multimedia (audio, photos & text) self-guided tour.
Book per device to be used, not per participant.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Greek Cooking Lesson with Walking Tour in Athens Central Market
- Private Tour: Athens Shopping Tour
- Early Morning Athens Marketplace, Acropolis and Parthenon Tour with Pastry Shop Visit
- Athens evening Tour Do what locals do
- A Morning Stroll in Athens with Greek Coffee
- Traditional Greek Food Tasting and Culinary Walking Tour in Athens