From USD 131.91
OverviewEnjoy a private tour of Acropolis monuments. Your licensed tour guide will meet you in central location and you will start tour the landmark of Greek capital. After your private leisurely made tour of Parthenon, Erechtium, Proplylaia Gates, temple of Nike you visit the historic neighborhood of Athens, Plaka with its picturesque streets and beautiful neoclassical balconies. Finish your tour visiting the culinary back streets of the city enjoying some of the most famous delicacies of the country such as pies, salamis, deserts and local coffee.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Skip the line
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourExplore the history of Athens on a 4-hour walking tour with a licensed tour guide. Start at the city's most monumental site, the iconic Acropolis. Admire the astonishing collection of sculptures that describe more than 2,500 years of history, from the glorious first theater of humanity at the Theater of Dionysus, to the healing Temple of Asclepius, and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
See the Temple of Athena Nike (Temple of Wingless Victory), the gateway of the Propylaeum, the Porch of the Caryatids at the Erechtheum, and the crowning glory of the Parthenon.
Your licensed guide will explain the roles the various monuments played at the center of classical civilization in the western hemisphere.
Walk at leisurely paced stroll through the streets of Plaka, the old town of Athens. In this sprawling, historical neighborhood you’ll follow along a maze of cobbled streets lined with examples of Neoclassical architecture, Byzantine churches, and busy shops.
Continue with your guide on the northernmost streets of Plaka is the area known as Anafiotika, an idyllic cluster of whitewashed houses that are reminiscent of buildings in the Greek islands. In the 19th century workers from the Cyclades, homesick for their native island life, built the houses and painted them bright white to remind themselves of Anafi.
Explore later the food markets of Athens and taste some of the delicious treats on offer. Visit local stores selling the "Green Treasures" of Greece, such as olive oil, wines, mushrooms, herbs and traditionally made pastas and salamis.
Start with a traditional Greek breakfast of koulóuria (sesame bread rings) in a century-old café, and then make your way to a tiny pastry shop to sample loukoumades (Greek donuts) and custard-filled filo squares.
Enjoy local pies and cheeses at authentic Greek bakeries and cheese stores.
Next, wander through the meat and fish market, the living monument markets of the city. Try some home-grown and roasted coffee, and visit specialty shops to purchase fresh fruit, olives, cheese, ham and other deli produce.
Inclusions for Athens Private Walking Tour: Acropolis, Plaka And Food Tastings
- Licensed tour guide
- Food and drinks specified during the food tour
Exclusions for Athens Private Walking Tour: Acropolis, Plaka And Food Tastings
- Entrance tickets of Acropolis
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.