OverviewSwap Piraeus port for the wonder and majesty of Ancient Greece on this private, full-day shore excursion to Ancient Corinth from Athens. With your very own knowledgeable guide, cruise along the calm waters of Corinth Canal, then delve into more than 6,000 years of history during a walking tour of Ancient Corinth. Learn about Greek mythology and the archaeological site’s historical significance as you take in top landmarks including Apollo Temple, the Spring of Periander and the magnificent Lechaion Road.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship arrives in Athens’ Piraeus port, meet your expert guide and hop inside your private, air-conditioned car or minivan. Then, set off on a 1.5-hour journey along the scenic coast to Corinth Canal. As you travel, ask your guide any questions you have; the beauty of a private tour is that the commentary is tailored to your interests.
On arrival at the waterway — considered one of Greece’s most important engineering feats — learn how it links the Gulf of Corinth with the Saronic Gulf, and look out for ships and bungee jumpers; the canal is steep-sided and narrow, providing ideal conditions for adrenaline junkies.
Then, climb aboard a small boat and soak up the sights as you cruise along the water to Isthmia pier, from which you’ll continue your journey by road to Ancient Corinth, the birthplace of many Greek myths and legends.
With your private guide leading the way, head inside the archaeological site for a walking tour of its well-preserved ruins. Discover how the ancient town was built at the meeting point of southern and northern Greece as you pass through the agora, lined with remains of covered walkways and shops.
Get up close to the Apollo Temple and other revered sights including the Fountain of Glauke, the Spring of Periander and Lechaion Road. As you wander, hear how St Paul lived and preached in the town, and learn how according to Greek mythology, Jason and Medea fled to Corinth after being exiled.
After around 1.5 hours, return to your vehicle and journey back to Athens. Along the way, enjoy a brief stop at Kehreai port, where St Paul disembarked, and, should you wish, ask your guide to stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense).
Your shore excursion then concludes back at Piraeus port in time for your cruise departure.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to Piraeus port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Athens Shore Excursion: Private Ancient Corinth Tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Athens Shore Excursion: Private Ancient Corinth Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.