Athens Shore Excursion: Private City Tour And Cape Sounion Trip
OverviewCombine city sights, Greek history and sublime coastal scenery on this full-day Athens shore excursion led by a private guide. After your cruise ship docks at Piraeus Port, set off by luxury minivan on a city sightseeing tour, seeing top Athens attractions like the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Syntagma Square. While hearing Ancient Greek history from your guide, travel to Cape Sounion on the southernmost tip of the Attic Peninsula to see the Temple of Poseidon.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks at Piraeus Port in Athens, set off by luxury minivan with a private guide to explore the city. Pass the iconic Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion) that dates back to 6th century BC, and see Hadrians Arch a monumental structure that once divided the Greek part of Athens from Emperor Hadrians Roman city.
Visit Syntagma Square, home to the Greek Parliament House, and see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier guarded by soldiers dressed in full regalia. Pass the Neoclassical buildings of the University of Athens on the way to the first Olympic Stadium, today named Panathinaiko Stadium, and hear about the stadium in ancient times before it was rebuilt for the modern Olympic Games.
Continue out of the city, traveling through the cosmopolitan coastal neighborhood of Glyfada often called Athens Riviera and then follow the shoreline to Cape Sounion. The journey takes roughly an hour, so sit back and relax, soaking up the views while listening to your guide explain the areas history.
When you arrive, stroll over to see the Temple of Poseidon one of the countrys most famous monuments. Perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the Attic Peninsula coastline, the temple was once a shrine to the Greek god of the sea, Poseidon. On the opposite hill sits the ruins of the Sanctuary of Athena Sounion, and while they merely hint at the sites former glory, the sites historical relevance shines through.
After exploring Cape Sounion with your guide, travel back to Piraeus Port where your tour ends.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Athens port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Athens Shore Excursion: Private City Tour And Cape Sounion Trip
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private minivan
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Athens Shore Excursion: Private City Tour And Cape Sounion Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to the Temple of Poseidon (approx. 4 euros)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Please also enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tours departure time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.