This comprehensive half day city tour of Athens will show you some of the most important must-see monuments and sights of the historical center of the city. The major attraction of course in the at the Acropolis Hill where your guide will give you in-depth guided tour of the history of this world heritage site and its breathtaking monuments.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourYour day begins with an 8:30am pickup from your Athens hotel or a centrally located meeting point.
Board the vehicle and begin with a panoramic drive around Syntagma Square, passing by the National Garden, Hadrian’s Arch, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Catholic Cathedral, and Schliemann’s House. Continue past the Athens Trilogy, which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library as your guide introduces you to the ancient and modern history of Athens.
Next, it's time for a photo stop at the white marble Panathinaiko Stadium where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896, before passing by Zappeion and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
Make your way to the iconic Acropolis, one of the world's most recognized ancient sites. Visit Propylae, the Acropolis' monumental entrance which blends Doric and Ionic building principles, and the small Temple of Athena Nike, which stands on a protruding mass of rock, protecting the gate to the ancient citadel. Admire the ruined temples of the Parthenon and Erechtheion before concluding your tour with a drop-off back at the original departure point.
Inclusions for Athens Sightseeing Half Day Tour
- Entrance fees at the Acropolis
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Athens Sightseeing Half Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
We suggest you to wear light clothes, hat, glasses and shoes that are not slippery.
The tour is not suitable for people with hurt or mobility problems.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.