Athens Street Art - Private Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover the unique Street Art scene of Athens and get to know world-renowned street artists through their artworks in an artistic tour of the Athenian districts.The title "The New Mecca of Graffiti",which the English Guardian attributed to Athens, is nothing but random. Athens now holds a prominent place among the most famous for their street art cities . Enjoy a 5-hour private walk around Athens and get to know, admire and photograph its Street Art scene as it has been shaped through the works of famous street artists such as WD, iNO and Moralez. Browse some of Athens' best-known districts such as Thissio, Psyrri and Exarchia and discover their unique character through the murals, stencils and graffities that decorate them.
Know More about this tour
After a meeting with a member of the Be a Greek team outside the Thiseio Metro Station, you will enjoy a 5h long walking tour in the most alternative and authentic neighborhoods of Athens, during which you will have the opportunity to get acquainted with the Athenian Street Art scene .
We will begin from the Thiseio pedestrian area below the Temple of Hephaestus, admiring the contrast between the ancient exhibits of Kerameikos and the contemporary artworks of the area. Soon we will face one of the works of the famous iNO, thus getting a very good taste of what is to follow in our walk.
Continuing we will find ourselves in Gazi, discovering both its touristic and its alternative character. In this part of the walk we will have the opportunity to talk, among other things, about the amazing artist STMTS and get to know some of his unique works.
Leaving behind Gazi, we will cross Kerameikos, undoubtedly one of the most picturesque areas of the capital, which has retained the image of old Athens unchanged, reaching Exarchia, a well-known neighborhood for its artistic and student aura. Exclusive street artists such as WD, Achilles, Sonke and iNO have given a special touch to the urban landscape, highlighting these neighborhoods and making them famous all around the world. In Exarchia we will also have the opportunity to relax while enjoying our coffee in a local cafe, decorated with unique anamorphic graffiti.
Our tour will be completed in the Psyrri area after we admire some of the most famous and beautiful works of art such as the famous dog Loukanikos (Sausage in Greek), which testify to the socio-political situation of our country. Arriving at Monastiraki our tour will come to an end, having enjoyed a day full of pictures and an amazing experience.
Inclusions for Athens Street Art - Private Walking Tour
- A coffee or other traditional refreshment per person
- Be accompanied by an expert member of the Be a Greek Team
- All taxes and fees
Exclusions for Athens Street Art - Private Walking Tour
- Foods and drinks
- Entrance fees to any point of interest
- Personal Expenses (i.e. souvenirs etc.)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Experience alternative, non-touristic areas such as Kerameikos, Thissio and Exarchia
Discover the historical evolution of the Street Art scene
Admire and photograph unique works by famous Street Artists
Understand how the political and social situation of Greece is reflected in art
Meet and talk with Street Artists
Enjoy the journey at your own pace, enjoying your coffee in a unique caf decorated with beautiful graffiti and murals.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Athens Airport Private Departure Transfer
- Athens Shore Excursion: Private Acropolis Walking Tour
- Private Walking Tour: National Archaeological Museum
- Athens Small-Group 2.5 Hour Electric Bicycle Tour
- 1-Hour Aroma Oil Massage plus 20-Minute Free Fish Pedi
- 90-Minute Aroma Oil Massage plus 20' min Free Fish Pedi
- Athens Couples Escape Spa Treatment with Fish Pedicure
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour