OverviewGet a taste of Greece’s winemaking heritage on this 2.5-hour winery tour in the verdant Mesogeia region of Attica. Make your own way to Koropi just outside of Athens to greet your driver, then hop inside a transfer vehicle and travel to the award-winning Papagiannakos Winery. Stroll through the vineyards, then discover how wine is fermented and stored in the bioclimatic winery. After, treat your taste buds to five different varietals of estate wine, paired with tantalizing local assortments. Numbers limited to 12, ensuring a small-group experience.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tourMeet your driver at Koropi metro station just outside of Athens. Then, hop inside an air-conditioned transfer vehicle and relax on the short journey to Papagiannakos Winery, an award-winning winery located in the Mesogeia region of Attica.
On arrival, meet one of the winery guides and then head out into the vineyards to begin your tour. As you stroll amid the vines, learn how the area has a rich viticulture heritage, with the winery itself dating back almost a century. See the plump savatiano and malagouzia grapes, which are used to make some of region’s most traditional wine varieties. Then, discover how the area’s climate and location create ideal conditions for dry white wines with high alcohol, balanced acidity and a fresh, delicate floral nose.
Next, see where the wine is fermented and learn how the bioclimatic winery is designed to consume less energy than a conventional building. You’ll also see the huge, wooden casks used to hold resting wine.
After your tour, head to a tasting room where you’ll sample five estate wines, paired with delicious regional specialties such as rusks or cheese. Savor the delicate bouquet of flavors in each wine, and pick up tips on how to identify the varying aromas and ingredients.
When the time comes, return to your transfer vehicle with your driver and return to Koropi metro station, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Athens Wine Tasting: Papagiannakos Winery Tour
- Local guide
- Round-trip transfer from Koropi metro station to Papagiannakos Winery
- Wine tasting (5 different types of wine)
Exclusions for Athens Wine Tasting: Papagiannakos Winery Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip metro ride to Koropi metro station from Athens (approx. 1.40 euros each way)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.