Atherton Tablelands Food And Wine Tour From Cairns
OverviewExperience the food and farms of the Atherton Tablelands on a guided full-day tour that visits out-of-the-way locations and gives you exclusive access to certain farms. Stop at Crater Lakes National Park and Lake Barrine, then continue to several farms that produce coffee, macadamia nuts, tropical fruit wines, cheese and chocolate. Your tour includes a seafood lunch, morning and afternoon tea, and lots of tasty food and wine samples along the way. With numbers limited to 20 people, you'll enjoy a more personalized small-group tour with your expert guide.
Know More about this tourYour day starts with morning pickup at your Cairns or Northern Beaches hotel. Travel up to the inland hills in a comfortable air-conditioned minicoach driven by your guide.
Stop at Lake Barrine, located at 2,395 feet (730 meters) above sea level within Crater Lakes National Park. The biggest of the natural volcanic lakes in the region, Lake Barrine is known for its towering twin Kauri pines that are estimated to be 1,000 years old. Follow your guide on a short walk in the fresh mountain air to see this national treasure.
Then have a seat on the balcony of the 80-year-old tea house and take in views of Lake Barrine while snacking on a delicious Devonshire tea consisting of locally grown tea or coffee and fresh-baked scones.
Continue your route through the Atherton Tablelands, traveling through the historic towns of Yungaburra, Atherton, Tolga and Mareeba. Stop at local farms for a behind-the-scenes look at their operations, with exclusive access to a macadamia nut farm and a tour of a coffee plantation. You also taste chocolates and cheese at a dairy farm where they handcraft a range of delicious sweets and dairy products. At each stop, you'll learn about their foods and production methods, and packaged goods are available to purchase.
Around midday, pop into a historic pub for a hearty seafood lunch. Then visit a winery for a tasting of their tropical fruit wines, made from fruits such as lychee, mango, mulberry, bush cherry and passion fruit.
Get great photo ops of the famous Curtain Fig Tree, a strangler fig that grows on top of a host tree. This specimen, one of the tallest in north Queensland, has impressive aerial roots that measure 49 feet (15 meters) long.
After a full day of great food and fascinating commentary, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Atherton Tablelands Food And Wine Tour From Cairns
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (excludes Port Douglas)
- Entrance fees
- Morning and afternoon tea refreshments
- Seafood lunch
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Atherton Tablelands Food And Wine Tour From Cairns
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Port Douglas
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Must be 18 years or older to taste wines
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Enclosed shoes required
Please bring a warm jacket for tours during June and September
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.