Atlas Coal Mine Admission - Calgary
OverviewGain access to the National Historic Site - Atlas Coal Mine! General admission includes access to original mine buildings, a train ride, and interaction with artifacts and roving characters on site.
Know More about this tour
With your admission to the Atlas Coal Mine, you'll have access to the seven historic buildings on site. The Atlas is Canada's most complete coal mining museum.
Upon arrival, head to the gift shop (red building). Check out the simulated underground tunnel with a history of coal mining the Drumheller Valley.
Sandwiched between the management residences is a tiny miners shack made from found materials. Explore the sports exhibit in the Grey house and take a picture at our photo booth while youre there. The blue Newcastle building is the second oldest building in the Drumheller Valley!
Cross to the machine yard and get close and personal with the old machinery. Climb aboard a fully restored Mancha Mule motor on approximately 1km of track around the surface of the coal mine. During July and August, the ride runs every hour.
You can also walk the tipple trail and underneath Canada's last wooden tipple (a giant coal-processing plant). There are 4 buildings to explore: the lamp house, wash house, supply house and mine office.
Inclusions for Atlas Coal Mine Admission
- General Admission
- Parking is available on site
- There are washrooms and picnic tables available
Exclusions for Atlas Coal Mine Admission
- For guided tours, extra fees apply.
Daily schedule subject to change and available in the gift shop.
- Food/coffee not provided on site. Snacks available for purchase.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please dress for the weather
Train ride subject to weather. In the case of wet or stormy conditions it may be cancelled.
Due to uneven surfaces at our old industrial site, the Atlas Coal Mine are not wheelchair accessible.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.