OverviewStep into a world of stalagmites and stalactites at Atta Cave Germanys largest dripstone cave and then visit medieval Greifenstein Castle! This day trip from Frankfurt includes a tour of the spectacular cave near Attendorn plus a walking tour of Greifenstein Castle. Marvel at the 12th-century ruins, and then visit the sites German Bell Museum, where more than 50 traditional German bells are displayed.Numbers are limited to 14 on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll see all the sights with personalized attention from a guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave central Frankfurt to travel north toward Attendorn, a town just south of the city of Dortmund. Relax in the comfort of your luxury vehcile, and then stop at Biggesee, a large lake thats home to Germanys famous Atta Cave.
Head below ground, walking along the 262-foot (80-meter) natural corridor, before entering the beautiful dripstone cave itself. Gaze in awe at the calcite crystal formations that abound and admire the impressive stalactites that drip from the cave ceilings. The formation of the cave is believed to have begun some 400 million years ago, and your guide will explain its geology and history as you explore.
Walk back up to ground level after your cave tour, and then visit a gasthaus (traditional pub) for lunch on the terrace (own expense) before leaving Biggesee behind to travel south to Greifenstein Castle. One of the oldest fortresses in Germany, the vast castle is rich with history dating back to the 12th century.
Explore the ruins with your guide, visiting sites like the 12th-century torture chambers and towers, as well as the wine cellar and herb gardens. The castle is also home to the German Bell Museum, so head inside to explore it at leisure after your tour of the ruins and grounds. Learn about the history of bell making in Germany, and see some 50 impressive bells on display.
Return to your vehicle at the pre-arranged time, and then travel back to Frankfurt. Your tour finishes at the start point in the early evening.
Inclusions for Atta Cave And Greifenstein Castle Tour From Frankfurt
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to Atta Cave, Greifenstein Castle and the German Bell Museum
Exclusions for Atta Cave And Greifenstein Castle Tour From Frankfurt
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.