OverviewLook for whales, dolphins and seabirds in the pristine waters of Hauraki Gulf just a short boat ride from Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour. On this half-day whale and dolphin safari, you're on the lookout for the marine mammals that frequent the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park waters. Expert guides share fun facts and informative commentary throughout the trip as you soak up the natural wonders of New Zealand, just offshore from Auckland.
Know More about this tourMake your way to Viaduct Harbour where your captain welcomes you as you board the custom-built 65-foot (20-meter) catamaran. The comfortable vessel ensures that you enjoy cruising the waters of Hauraki Gulf Marine Park as you look for whales and dolphins.
Some 23 different species call the Hauraki Gulf home, including the native Bryde’s whale. You'll never know what you're going to see around these waters, but it might be bottlenose dolphins that are frequently spotted playing around the boats, or seabirds such as Australasian gannets, petrels, shearwaters, white-fronted terns, and penguins.
Throughout your tour, your captain and the guides share informative and entertaining commentary about these critters of the Hauraki Gulf Marine Park, considered one of the world’s most biologically and geographically diverse marine parks. Learn about the animals that your crew tracks and the research that they conduct in tandem with local marine scientists.
While wildlife viewings cannot be guaranteed, dolphins and whales are often swimming around the waters. In the event that you do not see any marine mammals during your trip, you can go again another day at no extra charge.
Auckland weather is fickle, so dressing in warm layers and weatherproof gear is recommended. A sun hat (with chin strap to secure it), sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, binoculars and flat-soled shoes are also good essentials for your trip.
After your 4.5-hour cruise, your boat returns to Auckland where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Auckland Dolphin And Whale Watching Cruise
- Local guide
Exclusions for Auckland Dolphin And Whale Watching Cruise
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Advisable to dress in warm layers and weatherproof gear as weather can be unpredictable
Advisable to bring sun hat (with chin strap to secure it), sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, binoculars and flat-soled shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.