Auckland Duck Tour
OverviewTake in the highlights of Auckland with a sightseeing tour aboard an amphibious 'duck' vehicle. Drive down the Auckland waterfront from Queens Wharf past Viaduct Harbour, Wynyard Quarter, Westhaven Marina and Auckland Harbour Bridge. See iconic buildings including Sky Tower, The Cloud and Shed 10, then cruise into the waters of Waitemata Harbour to get another perspective on waterfront landmarks including Silo Park and the Auckland Harbour Bridge.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourThe duck vehicle allows you to see the highlights of the 'City of Sails' by land and water, a perfect match for Auckland, known for a passion for all things aquatic.
Meet your guide Opposite the Auckland Ferry Terminal on Quay Street and hop on board the duck vehicle to start your tour. Buckle up as you set off past historic Queens Wharf, which opened in 1913 as a cargo wharf and was key to Aucklands growth. Queens Wharf is now home to premier events venues The Cloud and Shed 10, where international competitions including the Americas Cup and the Rugby World Cup have hosted fan zones and elaborate parties.
As you continue, take in the lively scene around Viaduct Harbour and nearby Wynyard Quarter. Neighboring Silo Park features music and movies staged between towering silos. Your guide explains how recent development transformed the gritty industrial waterfront area into a district overflowing with world-class restaurants, bars, festivals and pop-up markets.
Continue past scenic St Marys Bay and be amazed as your vehicle transforms into a boat and splashes into the water for a 20-minute ride around Waitemata Harbour. As you cruise past Westhaven Marina, note the super yachts at dock and other watercraft. Enjoy a new perspective on the city and harbor as your vehicle glides along the water. Your duck even goes underneath the iconic Auckland Harbour Bridge if conditions allow.
After some time on the water, your vehicle comes ashore and changes back into street mode. Your guide points out landmarks like Sky Tower and Victoria Park as you return to the ferry terminal.
Inclusions for Auckland Duck Tour
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by amphibious 'duck' vehicle
Exclusions for Auckland Duck Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Auckland Museum General Entry Ticket
- Full-Day Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House Tour from Auckland including Lunch
- The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland including Private Transfer
- Matakana Coastal Getaway from Auckland
- Auckland Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruise
- Maori Cultural Experience: Waka Sailing on Waitemata Harbour
- Rotoroa Island Ferry Ticket from Auckland
- Auckland Craft Beer Walking Tour