Auckland Helicopter Tour
OverviewExperience the excitement of a helicopter flight on an aerial tour from Auckland. See islands dotting the water below you as your pilot guide points out Aucklands city landmarks and coastal attractions. Choose from four tour options, ranging from 10 minutes to 35 minutes, taking you over the island volcanoes of Waitemata Harbour and along the winding coastline.
Know More about this tourJump in and lift off across the glistening Waitemata harbour for a 15-minute scenic helicopter flight over Auckland!
Head towards the Devonport naval base for aerial views of Aucklands Harbour Bridge. Soar over the Viaduct Harbour and Westhaven Marina before flying past the Sky Tower and over the lush greenness of Auckland Domain, a central recreational park. Heading east, you will pass popular inner harbour beaches and suburbs of St Heliers, Kohimarama, Mission Bay and Orakei Basin.
Next fly towards Rangitoto Island - the largest, youngest and one of the least modified of about 50 volcanic cones and craters in the Auckland volcanic field. The stunning city vista can be seen in the distance from Rangitoto's summit on the flight back to Auckland.
Inclusions for Auckland Helicopter Tour
- Live commentary on board
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Landing and facility fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Helicopter tour
Exclusions for Auckland Helicopter Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Itinerary:City of Sails (10 minutes)
Choose the 10-minute City of Sails tour to fly over the harbor and Hauraki Gulf. Lifting off from the downtown Inflite heliport, fly over Waitemata Harbour to the north shore and Devonport naval base. Your route also takes you over the harbor bridge and the bobbing boats in Westhaven Marina. Fly back over Auckland’s city center and Viaduct Harbour, Sky Tower and Auckland Domain as you head toward Bastion Point for views of Mission Bay before landing back at the Inflite base after your 10-minute flight.
Volcanoes and Beaches (15 minutes)
Lifting off from the Inflite Heliport, the 15-minute Volcanoes and Beaches flight takes you flying over Waitemata Harbour , the Auckland Harbour Bridge and Viaduct Harbour, past the Sky Tower and Auckland Domain. The tour then heads east over the inner-harbor beaches and Auckland city suburbs to fly over the volcanic crater of Browns Island in the Hauraki Gulf to admire its classic volcanic cone. Fly over the summit of Rangitoto for stunning city views on the flight back to Auckland, landing at Inflite Heliport at Mechanics Bay after your 15-minute flight.
Island Hopper (25 minutes)
The 25-minute Island Hopper flight lifts off from the Inflite Heliport at Mechanics Bay, and takes you flying east over the perfect volcanic cone of Browns Island and over the Motuihe Island nature reserve to Waiheke Island. Fly along the island's south coast bays and peninsulas, then head east to fly over Rotoroa Island and the white sand beaches of Pakatoa Island. Fly above the Stony Batter historic reserve, and along Waiheke's north coast past beaches and inaccessible bays to take a look at Rakino Island and the Noises, past Motutapu Island and over the summit of Rangitoto Island. Enjoy views along the North Shore and Devonport on your final approach to the Inflite Heliport.
Coast to Coast (35 minutes)
Fly coast to coast from the Inflite Heliport at Mechanics Bay on the 35-minute flight over the inner harbor and the Auckland Harbor Bridge, over the city center and Avondale Racecourse to the upper reaches of Waitemata Harbour. Catch views of Auckland Zoo as you head west toward the Kumeu wine region and Muriwai and Piha beaches, and trace the coast south to Cornwallis at the southern tip of the west coast beaches. The route also takes you over One Tree Hill Domain, Cornwall Park and Ellerslie Racecourse as you head to Okahu Bay, Mission Bay, Kohimarama and St Heliers on your way across Motuihe Island to the western end of Waiheke Island. See the extinct volcano of Rangitoto Island as you fly over the Hauraki Gulf and its islands, then over Auckland's North Shore suburbs and Shoal Bay to Lake Pupuke, an extinct volcanic crater filled with freshwater, before making your descent to Inflite Heliport after your comprehensive 35-minute flight.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
No restrictions other than the person must be able to step up into a helicopter
Adult pricing applies to all travellers. Infants are free of charge if they don't require a seat.
A minimum of two people per booking is required
Restrictions : each passenger must be able to board and disembark from the helicopter without assistance. A maximum weight restriction applies to all flights, at the pilots discretion.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Auckland Museum General Entry Ticket
- Full-Day Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House Tour from Auckland including Lunch
- The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland including Private Transfer
- Matakana Coastal Getaway from Auckland
- Auckland Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruise
- Maori Cultural Experience: Waka Sailing on Waitemata Harbour
- Rotoroa Island Ferry Ticket from Auckland
- Auckland Craft Beer Walking Tour