Auckland Seaplane Tour
OverviewEnjoy spectacular views of Auckland from the air during a scenic seaplane flight. Fly from Auckland Harbour to Waiheke Island taking in bird's-eye views of Lake Pupuke, Rangitoto Island, Motutapu Island, Motuihe Island and Browns Island. You'll also see Auckland's Sky Tower, Auckland Harbour Bridge, volcanic craters, white-sand beaches and historic structures along the Hauraki Gulf and Pacific Ocean. Your 15-minute flight takes off and lands near Wynyard Quarter, conveniently located in the city center.
Know More about this tourMeet your pilot at Wynyard Quarter in central Auckland. After a safety briefing, board an 8-seater De Havilland Beaver seaplane. Your pilot provides you with a radio headset, which you can use to hear about the sights from your pilot during the flight.
Your pilot cruises into the center of Auckland Harbour for takeoff. Enjoy looking at the yachts and city skyline from the water. Then soar into the air and head over Lake Pupuke and the suburb of Takapuna to Rangitoto Island, home to one of Aucklands most iconic landmarks. The island formed after a series of eruptions between 550 and 600 years ago, making it Aucklands youngest volcano. Crane your neck to look out the window at the crater as your plane passes just 500 feet (150m) above Rangitoto. Your flight continues over Motutapu Island..
Circle back toward Auckland Harbour by way of Motuihe Island. The heritage site contains ancient Maori archaeological artifacts, a historic cemetery and military installations from both world wars. Your pilot then loops around Browns Island crater, one of the best preserved volcanoes in the Auckland Volcanic Field.
Your guide will then proceed to point out more Auckland sites before landing down near the Harbour Bridge where you will taxi back to shore safely.
Transition from natural to urban scenery when you cruise over Auckland Harbour for a one-of-a-kind view of city landmarks like the colossal Sky Tower that rises 1,076 feet (328m). Your pilot then gently lands the seaplane on the water, and taxis you back to shore.
After a memorable 15-minute flight, your tour ends with return to your starting point. Expect the entire experience to take about 40 minutes total.
Inclusions for Auckland Seaplane Tour
- Seaplane experience
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Auckland Seaplane Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Auckland Museum General Entry Ticket
- Full-Day Waitomo Caves and Kiwi House Tour from Auckland including Lunch
- The Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour from Auckland including Private Transfer
- Matakana Coastal Getaway from Auckland
- Auckland Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruise
- Maori Cultural Experience: Waka Sailing on Waitemata Harbour
- Rotoroa Island Ferry Ticket from Auckland
- Auckland Craft Beer Walking Tour