Auckland Shore Excursion: Hobbiton Movie Set Full Day Tour
OverviewThe perfect way to take in one of the most iconic New Zealand attractions, as well as the local scenery, in one day. Our local guide can give you the most authentic kiwi experience, with the convenience of a pick up straight from your Cruise Ship.
Know More about this tour
After leaving Auckland from your Cruise Ship, you will travel south over the Bombay hills with panoramic views of the Waikato Region and travel across the scenic Hauraki Plains to Matamata, the home of the beautiful Hobbiton Movie Set.
You will then enjoy an informative trip of a lifetime as you explore the Movie Set on a 2-hour tour in the expert hands of your knowledgeable, local tour guide. The Hobbiton Movie set Tour is based at the original location where Hobbiton was created for the filming of The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. It offers an amazing experience incorporating the famous film set and a unique insight into life in rural New Zealand.
Begin with a tour through the picturesque 1,250 acre sheep farm with spectacular views across the Kaimai Ranges. Your guide will escort you through the 10 acre site recounting fascinating details of how the Hobbiton Movie Set was created. Hobbit Holes, The Green Dragon Inn, The Mill and other structures can be viewed and you will see how this beautiful piece of farmland was transformed into the Shire from Middle-Earth. Complimentary specially brewed beverages are available at the Green Dragon Inn as you complete your tour.
Afterwards, enjoy a very Kiwi Style caf lunch (included) at the "Shire's Rest" as you interact with your fellow travellers.
Your return trip to Auckland will then take you initially through some of New Zealand's most beautiful countryside as you follow northwards the majestic Waikato River, the longest river in New Zealand, part of the way back to Auckland. You will pass Ngaruawahia, the home of the Maori King, Taupiri with its sacred Maori burial ground.
To complete the day, you will be taken back to your Cruise Ship in Auckland.
Inclusions for Auckland Shore Excursion: Hobbiton Movie Set Full Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Auckland Shore Excursion: Hobbiton Movie Set Full Day Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 11 people per booking
Minimum age is 15 years
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Electric Tuk Tuk Private Heritage and Cultural Tours
- Private Tour: Bay of Islands Tour with Wine Tasting
- Private Shore Excursion: Bay of Islands Tour with Wine Tasting
- Self-Guided Jet Ski Tour of Waiheke Island
- Giants and Tiny Dwarfs Bay of Islands Tour
- Waitomo Day Trip with Option to Add Hobbiton from Auckland
- Round-Trip Private Transfer from Auckland to Tree Adventures
- Giants and Glow Worms Day Tour