OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks in Auckland, enjoy a shore excursion to experience the best of the Maori culture. See the Tamaki Makaurau area (Auckland) with a highly knowledgeable Maori guide, and become immersed in New Zealand’s indigenous 'tikanga' (culture). You'll learn about a rich cultural heritage dating back hundreds of years and hear about the Maori leaders who helped shape New Zealand into a modern nation.
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourWhile you're in port in Auckland, join this Maori-guided small-group tour to get a highly personalized experience of the citys most famous sights and its surroundings from a first-hand Maori viewpoint. After being picked up from Auckland's port in a comfortable vehicle by your knowledgeable guide, travel through the Waitakere Ranges, learning about the native flora and fauna and their significance to Te Aao Maori (the Maori World). See a subtropical rainforest and windswept cliffs of the famous Wild West Coast of Taihauauru, as well as Devonport, the final resting place of Patuone, one of the chief negotiators and signatories of Aotearoa/New Zealands founding document.
Take the Tamaki Drive and enjoy Auckland's most famous scenic waterfront drive, and then visit the Auckland Museum where youll get a chance to see the Maori Cultural Performance, including the famous Haka War Dance
Worry-free Shore Excursions:
We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland port of this activity. In the rare event that your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Auckland Shore Excursion: Maori Tour And Cultural Performance
- Small-group tour with max 15 people
- Snacks and beverages
- Port pickup and drop off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Auckland Shore Excursion: Maori Tour And Cultural Performance
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please note: Tour times are usually 9am to 5pm
Please note this tour is not bookable for ages under 4 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.